Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #41 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
the petco sale ened january 1st

http://petco.shoplocal.com/petco/def...3DPetCo-101212

thats the listing. thats a huge deal on that setup. a 20 gallon tank with everything for 50 dollars. man i cant believe i missed it.
I responded to this question in your other thread. Petco or Petsmart rarely updates their in store sales to match their web sites. I know the 14 gallon is still on sale cause I stopped by there 2 days ago. Your best bet is to call your nearest Petco for confirmation.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #42 
jschristian44

oh yeah i forgot you said that. hmm, i just found a good deal locally and i might get it instead since its cheaper and reletively new anyways, check it out

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/hsh/2102854743.html
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #43 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
oh yeah i forgot you said that. hmm, i just found a good deal locally and i might get it instead since its cheaper and reletively new anyways, check it out

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/hsh/2102854743.html
That's a good deal, make sure you contact the seller asap. Saw a great deal on a 20 gallon a few months back on craigslist. I was a day late, the selller had just sold it....
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #44 
jschristian44

yep i contacted him, he said he still has it and im gonna try to pick it up tomorrow. i would get the one at petco, but 20 dollars more just aint worth it i dont think unless it comes with plants and stuff. is that the same one in the link i showed, if it comes with plants and stuff i might actually get that because thats at least 20 dollars for the stones and stuff, plus its brand new.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #45 
jschristian44

just saw this

http://www.petco.com/product/12351/A...h#BVRRWidgetID

would that be wrong for a male/female as well? are those only meant for 2 males?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #46 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

jschristian44,

I too am saving up for a bigger set up. I am keeping the 5 gallon with the critters it has, as they are a settled community and I don't think my betta would be happy if she wasn't the ruler of her little kingdom. ;)

I want a 2.5 gal quarentine tank, and the biggest set up I can afford (and that won't fall through the floor)! I want large schools of fish, in a fairly natural, carefully research and pre-planned community. (DormDrax is going to read this and laugh!)

This tank will be better planned out than most human communities, lol...

I have a lot of time to plan this, because right now both breadwinners in our household are unemployed... so for now, I plan my 'fantasy fish tank' and tend to the fishes I got.

The upside of all this waiting is by the time I can afford my fantasy, I will be a better 'fish mom' than I am now, and the fish will benefit from everything I am learning here...

Good luck on that 20 gallon tank!
Cheryl
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #47 
jschristian44

cheryl i feel you about the unemployment. your not alone, trust me. i guess things will turn out for the better when we least expect it. but hang in there. patience = the best thing in the world.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #48 
bettafish15

Lemme clear this up for you. Even WITH a divider, males and females cannot be in the same tank unless breeding. The female will be full of eggs from the hormones in the water, and being full of eggs all the time is bad for females. Very very bad. So no matter what, no divider/tank will let you keep a male and female together. It's not an "opinion" as you said, it's a fact. Glad you hear your waiting until spring to try breeding :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #49 
jschristian44

thanks bettafish, i already knew all that. but what about if i just buy another tank like the one i got today, and keep the female in that one, along with the same heater? then i can put the two tanks flat side against each other when it comes time for breeding inside the 10 gallon tank im going to get. will that work? either that or use a jar for the 10g tank for the female, and put the male in the 10 gallon tank to condition them. then once their done i can put them each in the bowl i get for them. would that work good enough?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #50 
jschristian44

and are those stones safe enough to use, the red ones? i heard people saying they are too sharp, but i dont want to spend 20 dollars on stones, when i got them in my backyard near the shed. they are sharp, but how much damage could that do?