So....I've loved Bettas all my life but in the last while I have been fascinated with the different mutations. This of course led me to researching about breeding....I can't say I will for sure ever do it, as I like to research and learn everything I can for some time beforehand, but it's a possibility sometime in the future.
That being said, I want to enjoy the beauty of 'top' Bettas, and I would rather get ones that would be desirable to breed just in case I do decide to do it this Spring/Summer. My husband has even shown interest in looking through them, so I know I have support there. But how do you choose?! I love them all!
I've been glued to Aquabid, and have watched ones I've fallen in love with get bought up. One auction even disappeared so I am sure an outside offer was made. I was so upset!
So I'm going to try and get a couple in the next couple of days and would love to ask your opinions on the following. I seem to love HM Bettas with long flowing tails, and light colors. There are some unique dark ones I love as well. If you have any suggestions of ones you've seen online, or if you have any for sale yourself, please let me know
Am also looking for a turquoise butterfly....saw one long ago with white on the body....would love something like this.
1. This platinum butterfly HM is the one I just bought today! What do you think? What kind of female would you recommend before I ask the seller?
2. This red crystal dragon is one I'm currently working on with a seller, they are just getting back to me concerning a female. What would you recommend? What do you think of him?
So below are the ones I have not decided on yet. I can only pick two!
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE long fins, and this guy is just crazy beautiful. Same questions as above....what do you think?
4. I think this one is super cool. Love the color....
5. Not sure how quality this CT is but I find him to be very cool!
6. So awesome and pretty!
7. Love the color shimmer on this guy. Would love to find a pure white like this one with loooong fins!
Below are the ones I missed out on and was pretty sad about. Thoughts on them or does anyone here have a similar one for sale?
B. I was so in love with this guy, I am kicking myself! Listed as a marbled double tail I believe....
C. This to me seemed like an incredible crowntail.
So yes, any thought, opinions, suggestions are welcome. I want to keep my collection very different, though I know I have this thing for light colors and loooonng flowing fins!
Thanks so much in advance