Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #1 
drg889

Slow/Weak betta after new tank

So i got a new 5gallon tank for my betta (that's lived through it all). after his 2.5 gallon tank cracked. After i cycled the tank for a week and put him in (let the temp adjust in a little ball i have). The filter was too strong, so i turned that off, but have since got a filter sponge to relieve the current. However, a day or two after i noticed he was very slow and weak. he almost swims on his side where before he'd be quick to anything and would flare his gills at me as soon as i stepped near him.

I'm not really quite sure what to do, should i put him in a QT tank? He's just getting worse in the 5gallon.
drg889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #2 
HarleyRigid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg889 View Post
So i got a new 5gallon tank for my betta (that's lived through it all). after his 2.5 gallon tank cracked. After i cycled the tank for a week and put him in (let the temp adjust in a little ball i have). The filter was too strong, so i turned that off, but have since got a filter sponge to relieve the current. However, a day or two after i noticed he was very slow and weak. he almost swims on his side where before he'd be quick to anything and would flare his gills at me as soon as i stepped near him.

I'm not really quite sure what to do, should i put him in a QT tank? He's just getting worse in the 5gallon.
If you only let your tank cycle for a week I think that may be the problem. Cycling can take anywhere up to 8 weeks.
Maybe check out this link

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=47838

Hope this helps
HarleyRigid is offline   Reply With Quote