Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Wink Favourite cat breed?

Since we've already got a favourite dog breed topic...fellow cat people, what are your favourite breeds?

I think apart from the Oriental and the Cornish Rex (which just has a really creepy coat imo), I'm not very picky. I even like Sphynx cats, lol.

My favourite breeds are the Abyssinian, Bengal, Siamese, Scottish Fold, and Savannah. I plan on buying a Bengal when I've settled down and have started working. They're such beautiful and personable cats.

I'm also a sucker for pure black cats!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #2 
CodeRed

Savannahs and Maine Coons really stick out to me. F1 Savannahs, that is. I LOVE the idea of Servals, but realize that's probably never going to happen, so I'd like the next best. They're like dog-sized cats, LOL. Have you ever seen the videos of them on youtube? BEAUTIFUL.

Color-wise I'm a huge fan of torties, and I also love blacks. I feel so bad for black cats ever since I learned they're always in shelters the longest and get attacked by teenagers a lot... Also love the siamese colorations, just not the head shape of the siamese.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #3 
Dragonlady

Ragdoll kitties of course! Ann Baker was a very smart woman.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

Ragdolls, Maine Coons, Savannahs, Bengals... Most all other cats though. I like when they have funny patterns on their face
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Savannahs and Maine Coons really stick out to me. F1 Savannahs, that is. I LOVE the idea of Servals, but realize that's probably never going to happen, so I'd like the next best. They're like dog-sized cats, LOL. Have you ever seen the videos of them on youtube? BEAUTIFUL.

Color-wise I'm a huge fan of torties, and I also love blacks. I feel so bad for black cats ever since I learned they're always in shelters the longest and get attacked by teenagers a lot... Also love the siamese colorations, just not the head shape of the siamese.
I know! I was watching a vid of a Bengal cat playing with a Savannah and the latter was like three times its size, lol. I really love the domestic hybrids.

I feel really bad for them too! I can't believe people would single them out based on colour or superstition...I'd really like to adopt a cat too.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like Siamese cats, probably because my cat was half Siamese. We had 3 black cats in our neighborhood at the same time. Midnight was put to sleep, KMart has been sick and I haven't seen Ninja in awhile.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #7 
dr2b

Maine Coons are one of my favorites. They are gorgeous cats!! Out of plain ole cats... black cats have a special place in my life. I currently have 5 black cats... and I had 3 others in the past.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #8 
Sweeda88

I like Birman and Scottish Folds, based on their looks and personality.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #9 
DazzleKitty

I like a lot of Oriental breeds like the Siamese. I like the triangular shaped faces, the big eyes, and the huge bat-like ears.

I am also very fond of the Sphynx. It's such a unique breed.

Turkish Vans are pretty cute too.

Sadly, I am allergic to cats. I heard Sphynxs and Rex's are hypoallergenic for some people. If I have to take an allergy pill to live with a cat, I would. My boyfriend (we plan on getting married someday) loves cats and I'd hate to deprive him of one.

The litterbox cleaning is gonna be his job, though. That's the only aspect of cat owning I hate. They stink. It's convenient because you don't have to take them out, but I like how dogs do their business outside.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #10 
Tsuhei

I don't have one, but I like Munchkins...they're too cute.

I do have two black cats though...Fatty and Skinny lol!
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote