Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #1 
PewPewPew

Angry UrgMy heater fluctuates too much!

urgh!! Alright. I recently went out and bought a new heater for my 1.5 gal tank. My other, crappy heater (some tetra hump, it was $20 for up to 2-3 gals preset at "78") could barely keep my tank at 71. I live in a cold place (oswego) in a drafty, cold room, so I knew it was time to go better. I'd often have to wrap my tank to keep it above 70 :/
S oI went and bought a Marineland shatterproof {forgot the wattage :c) heater for up to 3 gals, it might be 10w. It was on sale for 20$, and my boyfriend had one and it works great.
Its good, but makes my tank fluctuate in temp. Really badly. Sometimes its just barely 73, other times at 82!! I can't adjust it, its preset at 78.
My parents insist on a cold house it seems, so its probably not even 63 in my room.the house temp fluctuates alot too, but unpredictably.
I'm hoping at school it won't be as bad, and won't flux as much because, even though its cold, its a constant cold :c
What I'm asking is, has anyone had this issue? And is it really bad for my boy? It won't be for much longer, thankfully (can't wait to get out of that house!!)
Thanks guys :c

Last edited by PewPewPew; 01-10-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Phone keeps auto implying wrong words :c sorry if I missed some!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #2 
Sherleelee

Location: I now live in Vic, Australia but from Alberta Canada
You have the same problem i do, the weather where i live is all over the place so in turn makes my tank go from 76-84, so i would be putting it down to your house. I have an Aqua One 25 W heater so i know its not the heater, My fish dont seem phased by it so if yours seems like its not being affected i think you will be safe till you go to school ^.^
Sherleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #3 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherleelee View Post
You have the same problem i do, the weather where i live is all over the place so in turn makes my tank go from 76-84, so i would be putting it down to your house. I have an Aqua One 25 W heater so i know its not the heater, My fish dont seem phased by it so if yours seems like its not being affected i think you will be safe till you go to school ^.^
Okay, cool, I'm glad someone else knows what I mean! I'll monitor it while im at school :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote