Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #21 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I love the white male but the red is a no-no. Nice fins though.

Awww! Hehe! I love both!
Ahhh rosetails. *sigh*

Well two more female pics have come in! One for the platinum butterfly and one for the mustard gas boy.

Platinum:

MG:

Very excited....!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #22 
monroe0704

Oooo you're gonna have a great mustard gas pair!! So cool!

I also think it's neat that you can see the butterfly on the platinum girl! I hardly ever see butterfly females...
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #23 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
Oooo you're gonna have a great mustard gas pair!! So cool!

I also think it's neat that you can see the butterfly on the platinum girl! I hardly ever see butterfly females...

I know, I saw the mustard female and I was like, WOW you can tell they are siblings, and I'm not even overly savvy on the standards. She looked pretty good!

Is that true about the butterfly? HA! I showed my husband and I was like, look you can see the BF in her! Very cool!

So hmmm, what happens if you cross a BF and a MG?! Next thing I have to read about....lol!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #24 
beat2020

MG girl looks nice , platinum girl has some scale issues. This could be from rosetail breeding in the genetic background. I wouldn't breed her, because of the risk of X factor offspring.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #25 
StarSpun

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat2020 View Post
MG girl looks nice , platinum girl has some scale issues. This could be from rosetail breeding in the genetic background. I wouldn't breed her, because of the risk of X factor offspring.

Thanks beat2020 for the info. I did notice the scales, more uneven. Interesting. Is it the norm to request a different female or will all of the female siblings likely be the same? I think she is so sweet otherwise, but I ohh and awwwee at most fish, sooooo....

Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #26 
monroe0704

I'm going to hijack this thread again for a moment, but also cuz I want your opinion too.. I know I said I was done with purchases, but this guy looks amazing to me, and I've read the show standards haha... but I'm not convinced I have the eye for it yet. So how does he look to everyone else?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #27 
StarSpun

Quote:
I'm going to hijack this thread again for a moment, but also cuz I want your opinion too.. I know I said I was done with purchases, but this guy looks amazing to me, and I've read the show standards haha... but I'm not convinced I have the eye for it yet. So how does he look to everyone else?

OMG! HAHA!
I was looking at this guy ALL DAY today!!!!
He IS perfect, I was telling my hubby how I thought this fish was more to the standard than most I had seen.

So, even with my limited experience, YES! If you get him, we are going to have to do some more trades/business

I wish I had room for him now!

EDIT: Wait a min, when was this guy posted? Maybe it was another I was referring to, but this one looks so similar to the one I was looking at today....

Either way, gorgeous! Is his bottom fin too low or is that ok? His color lines match up real nice....

Last edited by StarSpun; 01-11-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #28 
monroe0704

Aww I feel bad taking your fish if you were looking at him... but if you don't have room I'll totally bid on him and get to breeding hah. Love those DTs! I'm second guessing breeding one of my DTs now anyways... he's actually a pet store betta and even though he is incredible looking I'm nervous about genes he might be carrying... So I'd like another DT guy to replace him in the breeding program.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #29 
StarSpun

Quote:
Aww I feel bad taking your fish if you were looking at him... but if you don't have room I'll totally bid on him and get to breeding hah. Love those DTs! I'm second guessing breeding one of my DTs now anyways... he's actually a pet store betta and even though he is incredible looking I'm nervous about genes he might be carrying... So I'd like another DT guy to replace him in the breeding program.

Hey, no no, he's yours, you're too sweet! Actually I'm all for you taking him, cause I have no room ha ha....I would LOVE to see what you get from him. He's a stunner to me. Go for it!

Don't let anyone take him away! I hope he's a Buy It Now....I forget....
Old 01-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #30 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSpun View Post

Don't let anyone take him away! I hope he's a Buy It Now....I forget....
Sadly he's not, but he's only got 20 hrs left and no bids... I asked the seller if he had a single tail sibling female available and if I could see pics. So exciting! I really have to go buy dividers now haha.