Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #1 
Panthera

SDxHM Spawn: 1st time!

Hey guys, haven't been on the site for awhile, been busy with school, bettas, and trying to find a job >.>

Anyway, while I've been away, I've been researching and trying to read everything there is about breeding Bettas. I have the space, and the time, I do an online school from my computer at home, so I'm home all day. And I already have all the equipment to breed, well most. I also ordered a HM female off of Aquabid yesterday, she should be here sometime next week. I'm going to breed her with my Super Delta Male Adamu. Yes I know, he's a petstore betta zomg. But he's amazing looking, is in great healthy, and builds massive bubblenests every single day no matter how many times I destroy them. Here are pics.

Adamu:

HM Female: (Unnamed)

She's a Blue Lace Marble HM that I just bought off of Aquabid for $18 :D She's around 3 months I think, and I'm sure once I get her and fatten her up, she'll not only color up, but become a great mama. Anyway here's the list of what I have so far.

10 Gallon Tank to spawn
25 Gallon growout plastic tub (Or a 20 gallon Tank)
50 Watt submersible heater
Thermometer
Plants
Frozen BBS
Infusoria (Will make)
Egg Yolk (Maybe)
Prime
Stress Coat
Stress Zyme
AQ Salt
Blood Worms

I still have to get a sponge filter, and of course the female XD So what do you guys think of the pair? I think they'd have cute babies, don't know what kind though, I was thinking mostly Delta's with some HM? And I'm hoping for at least a few to turn out to be marbles like the mom.....I'd love that. Well thanks, any feedback would be great. I'll plan on spawning them in about 2-3 weeks, so check back!
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #2 
Panthera

Guess people aren't that interested lol

Well I talked to a breeder on TFF forums and he said he'd send me some BBS for free, so I'll be able to give the fry some live food :D

Also I was wondering just for the heck of it, would anyone maybe be interested in purchasing a fry or 2? lol They would be cheap, don't worry I'm not going to charge $5 for the fish, then $30 for shipping. I am going to sell some on Aquabid though, the female and her siblings are selling like flies. So hopefully my fry will too :D
Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #3 
Atolon

Well, I don't know much about betta breeding, but good luck!

Maybe If I upgrade my tanks I'll purchase a baby from you. =)
Atolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #4 
crowntail lover

Hope everything works out great! Good luck! :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #5 
bettafish15

I'd purchase a baby from you, if you could ship to Canada ;D But you probably cant, so yeah... I bet they're produce nice lookin' babies!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #6 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Hey guys, haven't been on the site for awhile, been busy with school, bettas, and trying to find a job >.>

Anyway, while I've been away, I've been researching and trying to read everything there is about breeding Bettas. I have the space, and the time, I do an online school from my computer at home, so I'm home all day. And I already have all the equipment to breed, well most. I also ordered a HM female off of Aquabid yesterday, she should be here sometime next week. I'm going to breed her with my Super Delta Male Adamu. Yes I know, he's a petstore betta zomg. But he's amazing looking, is in great healthy, and builds massive bubblenests every single day no matter how many times I destroy them. Here are pics.

Adamu:

HM Female: (Unnamed)

She's a Blue Lace Marble HM that I just bought off of Aquabid for $18 :D She's around 3 months I think, and I'm sure once I get her and fatten her up, she'll not only color up, but become a great mama. Anyway here's the list of what I have so far.

10 Gallon Tank to spawn
25 Gallon growout plastic tub (Or a 20 gallon Tank)
50 Watt submersible heater
Thermometer
Plants
Frozen BBS
Infusoria (Will make)
Egg Yolk (Maybe)
Prime
Stress Coat
Stress Zyme
AQ Salt
Blood Worms

I still have to get a sponge filter, and of course the female XD So what do you guys think of the pair? I think they'd have cute babies, don't know what kind though, I was thinking mostly Delta's with some HM? And I'm hoping for at least a few to turn out to be marbles like the mom.....I'd love that. Well thanks, any feedback would be great. I'll plan on spawning them in about 2-3 weeks, so check back!

Wow what a coincident i was going to buy that female but found that when i went back to the auction she was gone. lol.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #7 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Good luck with the breeding keep us updated!!!!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #8 
Duncan13

I like the pair. Good luck!
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #9 
Panthera

Well the female finally came today :D And she is beautiful, that picture must have been taken a while ago, because she looks really different. And she's actually, huge o.o I swear she must be 2x bigger than Adamu lol

That will be interesting when he tries to embrace her. Though it should work, has been done before right? PICS!

I know she looks a bit dull right now, but you would too if you were shipped in a box half way across country! Lol

Anyway I'm going to start conditioning them both today :D And hopefully I'll be able to spawn them on 1/28/11 Which is a week from friday. I have the sponge filter put together, and a friend from Tropical fish forums is sending me some BBS and Indian Almond leaves today :D Stay tuned for more updates!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Aww shes adorable. Hey and about the huge thing i found a female that is bigger than my HMPK MALE!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote