Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #91 
Duncan13

I really like pacman frogs, they are nice pets. The thing is, you won't be able to keep anything with a frog like that. They have huge mouths and love to eat. But I think they are very pretty frogs.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:23 AM   #92 
Kestrel

Well you wouldn't want a turtle nipping off a betta's fins. Although with a little research it sounds like you could easily house a group of Fire bellied newts with Terra once you modify and plant it. It doesn't sound like they eat fish or are aggressive. I guess Fire bellied toads also do alright with fish, although people did talk about them being toxic someone I saw kept guppies with them for a year, so I guess it works. I'll let you do some more searching on that if it interests you.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #93 
Duncan13

2 years ago I had fire bellied newts with neon tetras in a nice 50% water 50% land tank. The next morning the newts were munching on the tetras! So I would personally say no to that idea, although some newts may not crave fish as much as others lol.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #94 
Jupiter

Sorry to hear about Gunter. She was really cute. But it looks like she had a very good life with you.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #95 
DinobotLoki

Thanks guys, really. Um, yeah. Pacman Frogs are awesome... but they eat everything in site, including other frogs. A friend of mine suggested to see about tree frogs or some other frog that would enjoy being high up, but I'll have to check and see about the feeding habits of those, and how big they get. As for firebellied newts/toads, the newts will eat the fish for sure as Duncan said, and the toads are poisonous to touch so I'm not sure about that, though that would be cute lol.
DinobotLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #96 
FuulieQ

You could get some dwarf frogs. They're really sweet, and they won't bother your betta. :)

Only problem is, poor dears are dumb as rocks. :/
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #97 
DinobotLoki

That thought crossed my mind too, the dwarf frogs. But I was thinking about trying something more along the lines of what I had before. I dunno, maybe I should just switch Terra' into the smaller 10gal tank I had for him if it didn't work out and retry a duel tank later with something simple, like feeder fish to start with.
DinobotLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #98 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
LOL
Question though... why is he so short?? XD He's midget size. It's just awkward lol.
Alright! Enough off-topic on my end :3
OFF TOPIC, but he's midget-sized because he's supposed to be on his knees! It'd be pretty hard to shoot someone like that at their full height!

WATCH THE BOONDOCK SAINTS! XD (one of my favorite movies, by the way)

I'm sorry about your toad :( I thought it was a really cute setup. Actually, it's kind of funny that I just found this thread because when I was at Petco this weekend I was wondering what it would be like to put a frog in with my betta.

Last edited by kfish; 01-23-2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: I AM A CHRONIC POST EDITOR
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote