Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #21 
Jupiter

You guys really shouldn't be so quick to jump at a new user. Banned? Why? Not EVERYONE will do everything the same way as you, let's not be so dramatic...instead of jabbing at the new user, present facts and atake time to accept what s/he's saying. S/he does seem to care for her animals a lot, and all newbies to betta keeping make some mistakes! This sort of posting is not welcoming at all IMO.

That being said, the pictures are too big and don't load properly for me, so I can't say much except welcome to the forum.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #22 
DinobotLoki

My toad IS a native to my area. She is a fowlers/american mix that I found half dead a few years ago when my neighbor tried killing off the group we had in the nearby park. Her poison has to be ingested, and she does not secrete it unless on her last line of defense.

Like I said, if I notice anything at all harming either of them I'm ready and willing to take care of it and separate them. But as it is the fish is doing fine, he has brightened considerably since I brought him home, is eating and is very active in his side of the tank. And Gunter just doesn't care, she's an old girl, one of my oldest.

Also, sjones, I just got him three days ago, and as far as I've read it takes up to two -weeks- for a fish to relax. If you think that he is pale now, you should have seen him when I got him. He was grey and pink, and none of his beautiful blue was showing. I have looked around, and I see fish being housed in tanks whose size should be illegal, but then there are people like you who I'm assuming house them in larger tanks. So yeah, I think you misunderstand the fact that I am not angry here, I'm baffled.

I have never once harmed any animal I've brought into my home, and this fish is not going to be the first. I look forward to having him around for the few years that beta are said to live.
DinobotLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #23 
DinobotLoki

Thank you Jupiter. I appreciate that greatly. I'm not great with cutting picture size, so I do apologize for that.

And thank you for the other ways to watch out for him vaygirl, I'll write them down and post it on my wall near the tanks and use it for his twice-daily check.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #24 
sjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
You guys really shouldn't be so quick to jump at a new user. Banned? Why? Not EVERYONE will do everything the same way as you, let's not be so dramatic...instead of jabbing at the new user, present facts and atake time to accept what s/he's saying. S/he does seem to care for her animals a lot, and all newbies to betta keeping make some mistakes! This sort of posting is not welcoming at all IMO.

That being said, the pictures are too big and don't load properly for me, so I can't say much except welcome to the forum.
But we can be judged? That's fine but IMO we are welcome post freely with our opinions, I am not a novice betta keeper and I learned pretty much everything from this site which I am thankful for, but I will not be "shushed" by a member who has more posts than me.
SO your sort of posting, is not welcome IMO.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #25 
DinobotLoki

Ok, a friend of mine made them smaller. Here we go.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #26 
Jupiter

I'm not attempting to shush you or show any authority over you, I'm just pointing out that a lot of the posters here could have been a lot more civil in replying, especially since s/he is NOT trolling or being rude. :/
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #27 
DinobotLoki

That... did not work.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #28 
meeka

The second picture did.

I reckon that maybe instead of the cup that you are using you could maybe get a log that he could swim all the way thru.

I know my fish love this sort of thing and its not so much a "dead end" but somewhere to explore.

They are inexpensive and available in nearly ever pet shop.
Attached Images

meeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #30 
DinobotLoki

Ooh. That's a good idea. I have one like that for my turtle and know just where I can get another one a little smaller. With that I could probably take out part of Gunter's landmass and she can use it as well for sunning, then there will be more swimming area for Terra' and still plenty of land.