Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #1 
Creat

Angry Aquarium Hood Issues

Gah!!!! ok I normally dont get that frustrated over a hood but after breaking it and fixing it breaking it then fixing it again, it broke permanently this time. I am looking for a hood that is hopefully under 20$ for a 5.5 gallon tank about 16 inches long that will support plant life. I need help I am at my wits end with this DX
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #2 
Malvolti

I doubt you'll find a hood for 20$, around here most of them are 30$-60$, but that's Canadian prices and things here are crazy over-priced. My question is: Is the lighted part from the old hood seperate or was it all a single housing?

I ask because if they are seperate then you have some options. Even if not you may have some options.

A good cheap and nice-looking hood option is Lexan, you can get sheets of it at just about any home renovation store for really cheap and custom cut it at home with just about any saw. They will usually even custom cut it in store of you give them measurements and a design but it will cost extra.

The downside is that Lexan doesn't have lights, if you can salvage the unit from your old hood and just place it on top of the lexan the you're set. You can also see what kinds of lamps you can maybe attach to the tank.

This can work out to be cheaper or more expensive depending on what you have available to you.

Last edited by Malvolti; 01-12-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote