Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #21 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
My Walmart also treats their fish very badly. They even have the nerve to post a 'care sheet' in front of the Bettas stating that the tiny cups they are in are the perfect home, it states "they not only survive, they thrive in these cups". the sheet goes on to say that Bettas in the wild live in dirty water and they want you to keep their water somewhat dirty to "keep them happy".
I could not believe it when I saw it!
Thats sick. I saw something of the same of a care sheet for fancy Gold Fish. Pissed me right off cause I breed fancy goldfish!
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #22 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizuka mori View Post
that sign sounds like it needs some modifying. I'd be the one to do it right in front of the workers without caring if i got kicked out for it. Kicking me out would only mean that they'd lose my business and money. I bought genji because his fins were so bad and his container was so filthy. I didn't leave until every last betta was cleaned out. I also got the manager to get a clean container for genji. Of course it made them mad but what can they do about it? They can't just start yelling at a 15 year old girl in the middle of a store. When i showed them genji's fins i made them scared. I let them know that when a 15 year old girl is popular in school she can make them lose a ton of business because of their horrible care with bettas. It made their minds come clean and realize that they need to keep the tanks clean. Now everytime i pass the aquarium section it's sparkling because it's so clean.
Well Done!

Maybe next time I could bring my friend Sarah along to a Wallmart...
Why? She's actually 21 but is small framed and could easily pass as a 13yr (Don't tell her I said that she does Karate >,< and DOESN'T fight fair, Steel toed boots!)
She's very VOCAL when flustered if she saw those fish in bad conditions... She'd raise heck... and what manager would dare not appease an upset girl about animals with a scary (I have a good creepy glare) older brother looking guy (I'm like a foot taller I look like her brother) with them. Hehehe

Now I just sound like I want to start trouble at a store with Betta's in bad conditions but... hey not like it's that drastic...

~~~~~~~~~ *What I'd want to happen*~~~~~~~~~

Sarah: "OMG! Look at this water! It's so dirty!"

Clerk: "No miss it's quite alright..."

Sarah: "Fish should NEVER be kept this way! *Sniffs* It even smells! This is TORTURE!"

Clerk: *Noticing people looking* "Betta's live in small puddles..."

Me: "Nooo thats what you're told to say... in DROUGHT they can SURVIVE in small dirty puddles but not LIVE for long periods. Yes it's alright... sorta to keep them in these containers since they fight BUT you MUST keep the water clean!"

Sarah: *Searching around the bettas and grabbing a container* "THIS ONES DEAD! ISN'T IT! YOU KILLED IT! YOU KILLED THIS FISH!"

Clerk: *Sweating* "Lemme... get the manager..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*All warm and fuzzy* Mmm thats JUST how it would go... I'd secretly videotape that if it happened.

What? I may be crazy but you all know this would be interesting AND entertaining to observe... also I love my friends XD

Last edited by DormDrax; 01-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #23 
Luimeril

xD i wish i could see that! that'd be cute, funny, and scary, all at the same time! :p
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #24 
Shizuka Mori

To be honest I look like an innocent little 10 or 9 year old when I'm actually 15 years old. Nobody ever thinks that I have a mean side but when it comes out everyone runs for cover. I think the manager was scared for that reason. He might've mistaken me for a younger girl and thought I was gullible. Well guess what manager...SUPRISE!
Shizuka Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #25 
demonr6

Well, I will have to stop at the local Wal-Mart and see the fish again in the sad state they live in. This time I am going to take pics with my phone, find out who the store manager and district manager is then send them a scathing email and copy corporate. I am a newbie here so you all would not have the pleasure of knowing me and that I am capable of some epic tirades, much like what I will most likely deliver once I have a few hours to stew over this and look at the pics over and over. Hell I am already envisioning that vein just above my left eye throbbing and on the verge of bursting from being so upset. Ahh this should be another one for the books, I can feel it now. /goes back to his happy place and prepares himself

I will be sure to post pics before I burst a blood vessel.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #26 
Shizuka Mori

Be careful when you take pictures. If any of the workers see you taking pictures they'll kick you out because everything in the store is copyrighted. I've seen it happen several times before.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #27 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka Mori View Post
To be honest I look like an innocent little 10 or 9 year old when I'm actually 15 years old. Nobody ever thinks that I have a mean side but when it comes out everyone runs for cover. I think the manager was scared for that reason. He might've mistaken me for a younger girl and thought I was gullible. Well guess what manager...SUPRISE!
Oh my that just made me think of this sort of scenario...

Manager: "Sir would you mind and calm your little friend down!"

Sarah: *GLARES AT ME*

Me: "... you're on your own buddy, she's got me whipped." *Flee's behind Display fish tank*

Sarah: "... I'm sorry did you just call me LITTLE?"
*And the Steel Toed boots become the star of the show!*
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #28 
Shizuka Mori

LOL
Old 01-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #29 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka Mori View Post
Be careful when you take pictures. If any of the workers see you taking pictures they'll kick you out because everything in the store is copyrighted. I've seen it happen several times before.
Heh, workers, in the pet section? I have a better chance of hitting the powerball, mega-money and UK lottery all in the same weekend. LOL
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #30 
Shizuka Mori

Lol that's very true...