Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #71 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i say, make the sign, then go to the walmart website and file a complaint. tell them what you saw today(don't mention you're the one who made the sign), and tell them that you're very disappointed in what you saw. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I agree with the person above me. Make the sign and file the complaint to Wal-Mart but be sure to keep the secret that the sign was made by you. It may seem stupid but Wal-Mart may get mad at you for speaking the truth about filthy water and dead worms on the bottom of the containers. I'm suprised that they get mad at you when you change the water yourself down here.
Well to both of you i wouldnt make the sign and then file a complaint to them. I would just file a complaint, because its more formal and they will take you more seriously because as much as making a sign for everyone to see seems fun, its not very serious and will be taken down. Also they would just ignore it because its very childish.

Just a little heads up.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #72 
Alanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
Not to mention, they want that law to pass to "protect" animals. But the funny thing is, that the law does not even "protect" the most abused types of animals there is, meat company livestock. It goes after pets, but our food cows, chickens, pigs, turkeys, ect would still be severely abused.
What's really sad is that they want the law to pass to "protect" animals but the funny thing is, that the law doesn't protect animals at all. Not only does it not protect the livestock being abused it's also abusive to the innocent pets. There's no way that abuse and neglect will ever be stopped completely. PETA should know that from all their failed attempts to eliminate it. If that law ever passed they'd cause most Americans with pets to move to the other side of the world. After all of us moved America would suffer because they wouldn't have as much money from us. Now that I think about it PETA is trying to kill off livestock, pets, and humans.
Alanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #73 
Bond Girl

I filed an online complaint today with our local Walmart about the disgusting conditions in which they keep their Bettas. It was so hard to walk away from those poor fish.

If no-one gets back to me by the end of next week and if the fish are still floating in their waste, I will go in to see the manager. I'm so angry, gah.

Bond Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #74 
Luimeril

oh, man. that CT's beautiful, and so is that orange-ish fella. ;A; poor things. makes me wanna go to walmart again, and bring my camera. last time i was there, on Friday, there was a boy with nearly no fins, bloated so bad it looked painful, floating in his own waste, with white poops. pure white poops. he looked like he wasn't long for this world...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #75 
tsoto80

my walmart looks worse than those cups :( yesterday when I was there it looked someone just threw food on top each cup. All the waters were brown and they were close to death
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #76 
Luimeril

i was SO happy when i went to walmart today. the cups were crystal clear, all but one of the fish were active, and i saw they'd just recently been fed(probably not by an employee, though). i was super tempted to get one boy, who's lived through the worst of it and came out active, and healthy-looking. stopped myself, though, mostly cause i was money-less today. x-X
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote