Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #11 
metalbetta

I wish I lived near a river, that would be nice.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #12 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingPoet View Post
You could always give the little guy a Norse send off approriate for a "fighting" fish.
One of our girl's just and died and it being rather cold in Canada we couldn't bury her either and didn't want to flush her. So we made her a little boat out of carboard (With everything she'd need to take with her, of course -pellets, and some bloodworms, a rock from the tank, and whatever else you like). Then went to the river around midnight, lit the boat on fire, and let her go. (There was a cotton pad inside soaked in kerosene so it burnt well) It was a nice way to send her off.
That's such a nice idea.

Sorry for your loss OP.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #13 
meeka

I dont have a garden either, but we have a courtyard with pot plants in it.

So We always bury our fish in them.
meeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #14 
Abby

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw these are good ideas and ill defiantly note these down.....except the helium ballon i wouldnt like to wonder what ever become of the body of a loved betta
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #15 
metalbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw these are good ideas and ill defiantly note these down.....except the helium ballon i wouldnt like to wonder what ever become of the body of a loved betta
I'd rather not have the body of a loved betta land on my head. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #16 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
I'd rather not have the body of a loved betta land on my head. lol

lol neither.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #17 
baylee767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrox247 View Post
Cute idea but um...at some point the balloon will pop and what if the dead boy landed on someone's head??? (me: *shivers*) But still cool idea.

Maybe you could cremate him and save his ashes in a little jar or box? (like get a match and light him up in a safe container)
That's a great idea that I might try one day... but since fish are wet, wouldn't you have to dry them out first before setting it a-flame for it to work? *Shivers*
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #18 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
That's a great idea that I might try one day... but since fish are wet, wouldn't you have to dry them out first before setting it a-flame for it to work? *Shivers*
I would probably use the method same as this but, just the cardboard coffin and kero soaked pad under the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingPoet
You could always give the little guy a Norse send off approriate for a "fighting" fish.
One of our girl's just and died and it being rather cold in Canada we couldn't bury her either and didn't want to flush her. So we made her a little boat out of carboard (With everything she'd need to take with her, of course -pellets, and some bloodworms, a rock from the tank, and whatever else you like). Then went to the river around midnight, lit the boat on fire, and let her go. (There was a cotton pad inside soaked in kerosene so it burnt well) It was a nice way to send her off.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #19 
Cloelia

These are all great ideas. Thanks, guys! I decided to go with the plant, since it was easiest for me and I already had a potted plant.

Sending him off in the river would have been cool, but I've never been down to the river here and I don't know how easy it is to access...plus that involves a trek through some of the more dangerous parts of town. But, it still sounds so awesome and a fitting way for a little fighter to go out.
Cloelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #20 
bloo97

Let's hope our fish don't see this thread lol!

Sorry for your loss, OP. ):

I'll probably end up burying my fish, but I like the potted plant Idea. I may do both and bury Lucky and Dragon next to a tree I have in my backyard.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote