Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #21 
metalbetta

Yeah there's been massive debate on whether or not westerners should follow this. Meh, I found it interesting.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #22 
vaygirl

STILL a Sag. :) Thank you December 18th! And my stubborn, homebody hubby is STILL a Taurus. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #23 
Jessiefish

Taurus either way. OH, YEAH.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #24 
purplemuffin

Ooo y'all should look at fun star charts!

Actually the astrology people have reasons for why some people are more or less like their signs..Certain signs are considered 'dominant' and others are more recessive..meaning you may act that way..Unless something else inside of you stops that. You have three main signs, your ascendent, sun, and moon signs. One is how you are viewed, the other is your internal pattern of thought(why you would..let anger build, why you don't want to make the big decisions, why you are bold, etc. whatever your quirk is)

Signs also have elements attached. People with a fire sign that have an internal water sign are often extremely moody and go through emotional swings like crazy as their signs fight each other. Especially if you have the 'lead' sign of any of those..Like a LEO! Number one fire sign..Bold, crazy, goofy, and a little bit competitive.

If you know what time of day and what city you were born in, do this:
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal it's so much fun! The farther you read, the less likely it will be to be like you honestly as they are farther down the path where things may or may not be accurate.

I love to study, that is why I know this stuff. I don't really believe it's all stars telling us this and that, but I like using the names as an excuse. I believe we are affected a little bit by our surroundings when we were young. Say you were born in the middle of winter...as you get older you see things turn to spring, certain holidays happen in a certain order, your first this comes before your first that..Etc. Where you were on the globe also would affect this. Snow or no snow etc. The astrology view on this is that our universe is expanding, the pushes and pulls of gravity and the changes throughout are what helps to cause the seasons etc. As our galaxy moves and changes so do the signs and the stars, that is where all of the internal signs come in. It's basically like...Yeah this whole month has this sign, but if you were born here on this day you experienced different things than this guy over on this side of the world did on THAT day.. Therefore the differences happen. Yadda whatever lol!

I just love it for fun. I happen to fit exactly into mine as does my boyfriend and I love just sort of playing with it. It's also been teaching me a little bit about psychology of people. Thinking about what people do and why. Even if it's not really about the stars.. It's still a lot of fun! XD
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #25 
fishman12

This seems like a conspiracy theory or something...

hehe No offense
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #26 
BlueHaven

Well I guess I am an Aries now, but I don't believe it!
I am a bull and a bull I shall be! -stomps-
Though fire is really cool....-stares-.....Nope! No, i'm sticking to the cool brown mushy earth.

xD

I don't believe these things, but it is interesting how it can be accurate, how people learn personalities and everything...
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #27 
Betta Slave

I was a Leo before, and I still am. :P

I kind of believe in the horoscope stuff... apparently I fit the Leo personality. I find the personalized horoscope are usually pretty accurate though.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #28 
JaspersANGEL

There is no way that I'll be a frikkin' fish!!
Just my strong opinion on it show's that Im no fish! I'm an Aries and alway's will be.

In SaylorKennedy's article, there is a small phrase that say's it all: "The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born."
When I was born the sun was in the Aries constellation, so I'm an Aries.

This change might be for real, but it only applies to newly born kids or something.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #29 
Shizuka Mori

That's so cool, Purplemuffin. I did that and I got a whole page of unique information about me and how the planets, asteroids, and other things were lined up when I was born. I refuse to switch my sign. Capricorn is me all the way.

Last edited by Shizuka Mori; 01-16-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Shizuka Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #30 
bloo97

Now I'm that new one. How do you pronounce it?
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote