Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #11 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers505 View Post
Thanks! I will set him free by my lake. Your seller said 14-15 days huh? It only took 4 days to take the life of my betta. Unfrickinbelievable!!! The saddest part was I already had everything set for him. I'm still devastated. You could not have imagine how anxious I was all day long; constantly looking for the mailman. *SIGH*
Hopefully your fish will arrive safe and sound soon.

Heya!

Ya, I was told they can last beyond 15 days like that, but only if the temperature is kept at a good level ("not too hot, not too cold"). I have a feeling you are not the only person this has happened too, and probably the reason for them halting shipments until storms/freezing weather has passed! The email about the delays were sent to all aquabid sellers in Thailand (I received the forward from the seller) so this has to be weather based.

I just received an email from another seller about the delay and I asked them how the fish are. Apparently they were sent back to them so they are being taken care of. I am pretty confused, and the language barrier doesn't help matters, heh!

In any case, I hope you are able to heal well from this trauma and enjoy you new fish! I hope he arrives alright....he sure is a beauty!

I am going to try and get some sleep now, though, I really can't imagine sleeping at this point. I get stressed out pretty easy, ack!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #12 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers505 View Post
Thanks! I will set him free by my lake.
*His normally frozen heart thaws slightly*

This... was touching to read
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #13 
demonr6

Wow, I saw that one on AB and thought it was a stunner too. Sorry about your loss. That little heat pack won't amount to much when the package is sitting in a crate on the tarmac or a loading dock out in the elements for hours. I worked at the PO years and years ago and I have horror stories about how they treat the packages, and I can tell you that the temperature at some of the larger mail processing facilities is cold as heck since they are not air conditioned due to the roll-up doors being open to transfer mail in and out. I can speak for the main processing facility in San Diego and Orlando.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #14 
chargers505

Yeah I'm sure the mail processing facilities are really cold. Having 15 degree F nights doesn't help either. I'll be keeping my eye on the forecast and will be looking for the best possible day to get my replacement fish shipped out.
chargers505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #15 
Lion Mom

"This whole situation has taught me something....I will never be ordering a fish from Aquabid again. Too much can go wrong."

WHOA there. I purchase almost ALL my fish from sellers on AquaBid - bettas, angels, guppies, platies, etc. - and have for the past two years or more. Not one SINGLE DOA!!!! The difference? I ONLY purchase from American breeders with good feedback!!!

IMO, the double shipping REALLY stresses them out and compromises their immune systems. But that's just what I think.

Last edited by Lion Mom; 01-14-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #16 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
"This whole situation has taught me something....I will never be ordering a fish from Aquabid again. Too much can go wrong."

WHOA there. I purchase almost ALL my fish from sellers on AquaBid - bettas, angels, guppies, platies, etc. - and have for the past two years or more. Not one SINGLE DOA!!!! The difference? I ONLY purchase from American breeders with good feedback!!!

IMO, the double shipping REALLY stresses them out and compromises their immune systems. But that's just what I think.
I agree....and the only reason I actually went ahead with this is because I would be picking them up from my transhipper. The problem is now, them making it and sitting at another transhipper in Thailand!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #17 
chargers505

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSpun View Post
I agree....and the only reason I actually went ahead with this is because I would be picking them up from my transhipper. The problem is now, them making it and sitting at another transhipper in Thailand!
Did you receive the your bettas yet?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #18 
FishyFriend1

meh, you guys don't live in canada, you haven't seen cold....

right now, it is a stiffing hot -34 degrees
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #19 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFriend1 View Post
meh, you guys don't live in canada, you haven't seen cold....

right now, it is a stiffing hot -34 degrees
SAME HERE! I totally agree with you, and I shall add a fellow Canadian who knows real cold weather to my friends list. :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #20 
chargers505

Cold, in terms of betta shipment.