Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #21 
fishman12

I'm moving to Salt Lake City, Utah soon, so I'll under stand you woes more. Hey guess what? It's in the top 5 most snowed on cities in the U.S. And Thundersnow (ask.com) can occur there.

Son sorry about the shipment. Keep us posted.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #22 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
"This whole situation has taught me something....I will never be ordering a fish from Aquabid again. Too much can go wrong."

WHOA there. I purchase almost ALL my fish from sellers on AquaBid - bettas, angels, guppies, platies, etc. - and have for the past two years or more. Not one SINGLE DOA!!!! The difference? I ONLY purchase from American breeders with good feedback!!!

IMO, the double shipping REALLY stresses them out and compromises their immune systems. But that's just what I think.
I bought mine from a US breeder as well, Chard56, I have nothing but good things to say about him. Attentive, responds quickly and was caring enough to say that as cold as it was he was going to wait a week and see how the weather was before shipping. I appreciate that immensely, probably not as much as the fish because he won't end up a frozen Betta-cicle. As much as some of those international fish look stunning and I lust after them, the risk is more than I am willing to take at this time. For the well being of the fish I just can't see myself putting the poor guys through that. I would be really upset if my fish did not survive the shipping. I agree with you that the stress of the double shipping may be too much for them, at the very least it puts added stress on the fish.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #23 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFriend1 View Post
meh, you guys don't live in canada, you haven't seen cold....

right now, it is a stiffing hot -34 degrees

YIKES!

Actually I am Canadian (from Toronto though, so I guess it doesn't get THAT COLD, haha!). However, I am a very wimpy one....anything under 68F and I don't go outside. My body and mental state could never handle winters, so my hubby and I have been hiding in Florida with our RV every winter for 5 years now. I can't even imagine -34. GAH!
StarSpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #24 
fishman12

Any updates?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #25 
StarSpun

Location: Toronto, Canada for the warm months, on an RV somewhere warm during the cold ones!
Ok an update....

So I think there is something major going down with this whole shipment delayed stuff....something 'fishy' HEH!

Alright, so one seller told me that the rumoured new shipment date is for the 20th. They did try and offer to send to another transhipper but I said I'd rather pick it up in my area. Better not just on the wallet, but the fish, which is the most important to me.

I asked another seller if they had heard a confirmed date of the 20th. They said no, and asked if I'd like my shipment to go to Quebec for the 24th. When I explained that I'd rather pick up in Miami, they changed things and said, oh pick up, yes we just heard shipment for the 20th.

Aaaand it gets stranger.

I contacted Pegasus last week (after I found out about the delay) and told him about it in case he didn't know. I received an email on Friday night saying he knew and that it wasn't the weather....it was 'a booking issue' and also 'a second reason but I'm not at liberty to talk about it'.

Obviously something is going down, not sure what. I know they are switching transhippers over on the Thailand side. Something must have gone wrong.

In any case, I really hope I can get these guys shortly.

I also contacted each seller to find out where my fish were now and if they were ok. One hasn't written back yet, and two have confirmed that they received the fish back from the transhipper, and that they are caring for them. Only one seller said my fish were at the Thailand transhipper but that they were being taken care of in a fish room.

I am hoping for the best! Will keep everyone updated!
*bites nails*

Oh, and while all this is going on, I made another purchase. *head desk*
They better ship quick before I go broke....that or before my husband kills me!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #26 
1fish2fish

This is why I will never send or receive fish from November till March. It's not worth losing all the money if the fish is DOA.

As far as the shipping suspicions.. there is a lot of turmoil going on in Thailand right now with the government, etc so don't get mad that your fish are delayed and they don't want to give you reasons... technically they don't have to tell you anything but the fish are delayed and give you the new shipping date... the only thing you can do is request a refund or a change of transhipper.. that is all.

As far as pegasus.. he is sketchy. I'm surprised he's letting you pick up your fish because the last time I heard he didn't allow pick ups. He's had way to many indiscretions for me to ever consider using him, no matter how close he is.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #27 
StarSpun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
This is why I will never send or receive fish from November till March. It's not worth losing all the money if the fish is DOA.

As far as the shipping suspicions.. there is a lot of turmoil going on in Thailand right now with the government, etc so don't get mad that your fish are delayed and they don't want to give you reasons... technically they don't have to tell you anything but the fish are delayed and give you the new shipping date... the only thing you can do is request a refund or a change of transhipper.. that is all.

As far as pegasus.. he is sketchy. I'm surprised he's letting you pick up your fish because the last time I heard he didn't allow pick ups. He's had way to many indiscretions for me to ever consider using him, no matter how close he is.

Well I have to admit, I am VERY nervous of using him. I have 10 fish coming in. The only reason I am using him IS because he allowed pick up. I just called him up and said I was in the area and asked if it was ok. He said ok, that is fine, sure! I hope he does not go back on his word, I will for sure report back here....

I'm not angry that they are held up. Just very concerned for the fishes well being ya know? As long as I know they are being taken care of, I am cool. Just a bit stressed is all

Also don't get me wrong. I am not demanding to know reasons. I just found it very odd that someone would mention 'a second reason' but then say, 'ohhh I can't tell you'. Instead, say it's a bit of politics, don't worry about it, will keep you updated, etc etc.

Well we shall see what happens....
Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #28 
FishyFriend1

I honestly wouldn't worry, i mean the life of your fish is important, but with you being in what i would call a tropical enviroment, and not where i am which is ALBERTA, CANADA ( the third coldest place in the world on November 14th 2010) betta are usually good with shipping. and just keep your fingers crossed
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #29 
1fish2fish

Oh yeah.. I wanted to add that I heard of someone who shipped a fish out.. it got lost and a month later ended up back on her doorstep a little thin but no worse for wear.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #30 
chargers505

Any updates StarSpun?
chargers505 is offline   Reply With Quote