Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #1 
ForbiddenSecrets

Unhappy My poor fish *headdesk*

So to start off I've been sick. Really medically sick - as in for the past few months I've barely kept a clear head for a few hours. [which is why I've been gone] This of course made work and school hard as I struggled with both and barely passed the latter.

This also made taking care of my fish hard :/ [And no one else I live with would touch them]

I'm getting better now but I fear my inability to crawl out of bed most days has really harmed one of my boys.

Blackout is doing fine, healthy, eating, and swimming well. His tank has an algae problem I battle daily but at the moment his tank looks like I just bought it XD

Commie regrew all his tail-biting damage while I was sick and while his tank has formed an annoying brown plant/algae growth that I'm fighting [just wut?] he is also healthy and doing his fish-ie thing.

My last boy though I failed. Xochipilli got Ich at some point as I must have missed it because it got bad and he ravaged his little tail to bits which of course caused some fin-rot as well because I wasn't taking the best care I could of them. He also lost... coloration? For a white fish it looks really odd when parts of his body cellophane-d out.

The good news is the Ich is gone now [with a treatment I'm really happy with] and I think I got all of his other problems under control. Through this all he kept being fiesty and his appetite never wavered so I have high hopes for him.

I'm sorry for the big tl:dr of this post I just - felt guilty I guess and had to express this to people who didn't react with "So what? It's a fish."
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back! I'm sorry you've been ill. I hope you're on the road to recovery.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote