Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #1 
Shizuka Mori

Genji Means Two Beginnings...

I bought Genji from Meijer when I noticed that his container was filthy and his fins were severely manipulated. Genji is a Veiltail for sure but his fins are very sad for a Veiltail. I sometimes sit watching Genji swim in his new home imagining what his fins looked like before they were torn short. He lives in a 1 gallon tank that I clean 100% three days a week. Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are my cleaning days. I belive that if I keep him clean and well fed that his fins will grow beautiful again. I will show a picture but be aware that his fins are not pretty for a Veiltail. I named this Betta Genji because Genji means two beginnings and this Betta has now had two beginnings. One beginning which was unenjoyable and one that will change his life forever. The picture looks like it has a hint of yellow because his light was on and my room light was on. He's also against my wall making the backround look like it's a little filthy.

Last edited by Shizuka Mori; 01-14-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Shizuka Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #2 
JKfish

:D once better, he'll be very pretty. Eventually you might want to upgrade to around a 2.5 or a 5 gallon, seeing as those will be easier to heat, and if you aren't already, you'll want to give him a heated home (76-80* fahrenheit)seeing as he's a tropical fish
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #3 
Shizuka Mori

I've already got plans to get him an upgraded tank. He's in a 1 gallon at the moment just because my bigger tank recently got a crack in it and is unsafe for a fish to live in it. Once I get more money I plan on buying him a 5 gallon.
Shizuka Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #4 
JKfish

okay, cool :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote