Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #1 
Tsuhei

Biggest Fear / Phobia

Post your fear (s) / phobia (s) here! I'll go first.

1. Horses - I'm deathly afraid of these creatures... I mean, I do think they're beautiful, and depending on how comfortable I feel with one, I MIGHT pet one.. but it has to have a barrier between me and itself (a fence). When I was little, my mom wanted me to go horseback riding on a really tall Arabian...and of course, I fell off (I was like, 6).

The second thing that really made me fear horses is when I was younger (14) my mom and I rented a house from someone who had two horses on the property (mother and son). They were kept in absolutely horrid conditions...burs in their tails, always muddy stables, covered in mud and/or feces, and not fond of human touch. I wanted to call authorities, but my mom wouldn't let me in fear of being kicked out (we were poor, so getting a house, regardless of quality, was a big thing). One day, I stepped outside, and heard a loud snort. Apparently, the stallion got out of the "stable".

The dogs on the property were surrounding it, thinking it was a game or something, and it began to buck. It kicked a dog directly in the face and killed it. My mom ran outside and stopped next to me and the horse saw us, and charged. My mom, knowing what to do with horses, stood there and didn't turn her back and made herself "look bigger". It did NOT turn around or stop. The only thing that made it steer away from us was the landlord driving down the gravel driveway to check on his business, which was also on the property. If the horse didn't get distracted, he would have hit us both.

2. The Dark / Being Alone - My mom introduced me to horror games at age 7 (Resident Evil Director's Cut) and held my hands on the controller and forced me to play and beat the game. I did...and since then, my interest in these games skyrocketed, even though I'm a huge sissy and look away during parts I believe would be scary. So, DOOM came out...and I decided to play it in the dark. By myself. Bad idea, seeing that on the box it came in there was a huge warning saying not to play it alone and in the dark... =P. Also, the Fatal Frame games didn't help either...so whenever I'm alone or when it's really dark, I feel like there's something THERE ...thank you video games!! xD
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #2 
weluvbettas

Been left alone in my home at night. I always fear I could be sitting in the living room watching t.v and someone is staring through the dining room window just watching me and then they will break in. I first got the fear when watching home alone when I was 5 when the robbers are lookng in the window. So now when im alone at night. I close all the curtains and turn all the lights just to let people know that someone is in the house.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #3 
fredythefish

Roller Coasters..
I don't understand why someone would want to risk their life just to get a rush. I would honestly pee my pants if I were to go on one. I went on one in Ocean City, the spinning one (which my friends said wouldn't be so bad,) and once it got going I was **this** close to yelling at the people to get me off. Why do people like the falling feeling?
fredythefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #4 
CodeRed

Bugs. Flat out bugs. The things terrify me. The only bugs I can stand are ants. No caterpillars, no butterflies, NO BEES.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #5 
weluvbettas

Also wasps. :O I haver never been stung " touch wood" But im worried that if they sting me I will have a allergic reaction to it.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #6 
ChicagoPete

I HATE spiders.... O.O The ones I cant stand the most, when your just sitting on your couch chatting on BettaFish and it comes flieing infront of you off the cealing!!!!!!!!!
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #7 
bloo97

All bugs. Un-secure hights, and thunderstorms.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #8 
Jupiter

Stairs - not really a phobia, I can climb them and stuff, but they make me horribly nervous...especially the ones that have gaps between the stairs. my mom tells me it's because I saw my grandpa fall down the stairs at my house and break his leg when I was young, but I don't remember that.

Deep water/boats/bridges- Don't think there's a reason for this one, but ugh...water terrifies me...I really can't go in water that's over my shoulder without feeling horribly nervous...anything a few centimeters over my head, forget it...I ended up not being able to pass one of my swim classes because part of it involved swimming through a part of the pool that was 12 m deep and I couldn't. And yes, people are always quick to point out that I can swim (and pretty well, since I was on swim team), therefore I shouldn't be afraid of water...but it doesn't make it any less scary to me, for some reason,.

This applies to boats (going over water) and I get horribly seasick...you've got to drag me kicking and screaming to get on a boat. Same thing with bridges. Last time we went on a bridge over a waterfall/river thing, and we had to wait in the middle for some people to zipline off, and I ended up in hysterics, I'm embarrassed to admit ...it was terrifying though. One of my biggest fears is drowning.

Some things I'm afraid of, but don't have a phobia about: heights, scorpions, troll dolls, big dogs, growing old, and change.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #9 
Betta Slave

Just the dark. Thanks to horror movies, it always feels as though some horrible, misshapen creature could pop out anywhere anytime.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #10 
xswornxoffxjello

Heights...I've heard that behind every fear of heights is actually a fear of falling, which makes sense. I love looking down from airplanes, but ladders creep me out!
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote