Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

Talking Ten gal say whatt?!

OH LAWD! I got a ten gal! Sadly, my parents neglected to tell me I cant set it up while at home before I bought it >:( So I have to wait until I go back to school in around a week to get it set up.
I dont think Im gonna cycle it, but maybe that'll change. It wont be filled up for all ten gallons, considering only two boys will live there, but will be at least 2.5 each, no worries!
I dont like live plants (and they dont like me..) so I went plastic in a brand and veriety that Ive found to be good. I am also incorperating all the stuff from Alle's current tank into this mix, so itll be planted better.
SO here's some of the stuff I got for it:

This is it with how Id roughly set it up, minus what's in the boys tanks atm and the divider, heater and filter.

The substrate (marbles, its easiest to clean in my dorm..), reddish to contrast Alle's current mix of blue and orange. Also bought sturdy fancy paper to put behind the tank (the wall is ugly D;), half for each side! :B

*Some of the plants, all Ive used before. Theyre nice and wont snag hosery :B I also got two terra cotta pots for the boys, though Alle doesnt like hidey spots (too social) and I dont think Macceroni does, either. Oh well!! Ill also include Alle's current plants in there, as well as the marbles (calypso blue) from Macc's tank.

Like it?! .o. Im very excited and worked hard to get the fundage for this!!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

My little cleo likes his terra cotta pot he peeks out at me. I am jealous of your 10 gallon! I bought a 5 gallon and after setting it up was kind of bummed i did not get a 10 gallon!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
My little cleo likes his terra cotta pot he peeks out at me. I am jealous of your 10 gallon! I bought a 5 gallon and after setting it up was kind of bummed i did not get a 10 gallon!
Aha, I was almost gonna get a 5 gal, but I just couldnt resist! That and the 5 gals came only in acrylic, so they were expensive and most in kits (which I dont need D:) so it made more sense to get the $24 10 instead of the $35-45 5 gal! @__@
What kind of 5 gal issit? :3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote