Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #21 
bahamut285

@Animalgirl: So sorry to hear that! :(...not sure if shrimpies are a good idea now T_T...maybe I'll just have a harmless marimo first
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #22 
animalgirl18

yeaa maybe it was just bad luck because I hear of ghost shrimp being compatible with bettas and thats the whole reason why I got them. I personally will never get ghost shrimp again for a betta tank. ever. My little betta fish is so lethargic now. I dont know what to do!
animalgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #23 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

animalgirl18,

Wow, that's even weirder than what happened with my shrimp! 0_0

I guess it just goes to prove that every aquarium setup is as unique as the animals that inhabit it - there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to the tankmates!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #24 
bahamut285

I'm going to Petsmart today after my classes...I'm going to get a marimo for sure but I'll have to see about the shrimp, maybe they have a sleepy shrimp that won't bother my Betta XD
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #25 
wallywestisthebest333

You might try Red Cherry Shrimp (RCS) or something else in the necrodinia (SP? I think I got that wrong) family as they tend to be smaller and less aggressive than ghost shrimp/ They are much more visible to the bettas and therefore easier target/snacks but you most likely wont have to worry about them attacking your betta. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #26 
demonr6

I hate ghost shrimp. I had three in my 5 gallon tank and woke up one morning and one was murdered. The female and one of the males had paired up and the unfortunate lone male was disposed of. They would beat him up and take all the food. A week later the female had spawned then I woke to a murder/suicide and I was left with the spawn to deal with.. well, the filter dealt with them. They are no more. I am sticking to the moss ball unless it sprouts legs and we have yet another incident in that tank.

Last edited by doggyhog; 01-25-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Language
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #27 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

demonr6,

It was the evil moss ball that made them do it! :O

ROTFL! I feel your pain...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #28 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
I hate ghost shrimp. I had three in my 5 gallon tank and woke up one morning and one was murdered. The female and one of the males had paired up and the unfortunate lone male was disposed of. They would beat him up and take all the food. A week later the female had spawned then I woke to a murder/suicide and I was left with the spawn to deal with.. well, the filter dealt with them. They are no more. I am sticking to the moss ball unless it sprouts legs and we have yet another incident in that tank.
You needed Jerry Springer in your fish tank!
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #29 
demonr6

Well, now I have a mystery snail and read that they are filthy little pigs. If it is not one thing, it is another. blah.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #30 
bahamut285

Hey guys I got my marimo today, it looks really adorable! My Petsmart sells real ones and it is well worth the $8...

Sadly I was also thinking of getting some cherry shrimp instead of ghost, but my Petsmart only has ghost (actually they look kind of freaky). Maybe if I find a close-by store that has RCS...