Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #11 
Duncan13

OMG I am soo sad right nowwwwww... before I went to walk my dog it was fine and when I got home, it was DEAD! I'm soo sad and I hate myself for this. I tried to save it, but I ended up probably killing itt. I'm soo sad and I feel so terrible.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #12 
bloo97

I'm sorry. It's not your fault. The bird was probably sick and there was nothing you could do. Atleast it died in a warm home. :(

By the sound of it all, it was probably once a pet, but it got sick, the owner didn't know what to do, so they let it go.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #13 
Creat

Dont worry it probably was wild and didnt try to escape because it was sick. Wild animals are hard to notice when they are sick because they do such a good job of hiding it. If it didnt even try to drink it must have been near death anyways but it was probably happy to have a nice warm place. Dont beat up on yourself to much you did everything you could.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #14 
Abby

hey look its not your fault you did the best you could do. But if a wild animal is sick it wont object to being handled. but it could have been really sick you just couldnt tell.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #15 
plakatfighter123

weird not related to bettas
plakatfighter123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #16 
bloo97

^This would be the off-topic forum PF123.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #17 
Duncan13

Thank you everyone for your support. I dug it a little grave under a pine tree today. The weird thing is, right after it died I got sick. My head really hurts and I have a sore throat. My temp is 38.8 celcius. Could this possibly be related to the bird?
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #18 
fleetfish

You should go to a doctor if you get worse. It could very well have been passed on by the bird and you never know what illness it had.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #19 
purplemuffin

Birds, even pet birds, are very prone to hiding illness! People who have owned birds before know.. If you can SEE that they might be sick..Honestly you needed to get to a vet YESTERDAY! Because any sign of illness can really mean they are on their deathbed. Unless you obsessively watch your bird for any subtle changes in activity throughout the day, which not many people do. That's why most bird deaths are so sudden! They just didn't want to tell us what was wrong. Dehydration can kill a bird in very few days, it's shocking.

If the bird died..I'm sure he was very very ill when you found him. He was just happy to have a warm home and I'm sure you being there helped him hang on a little longer! You did a great thing for the animal!

Birds and humans can transmit their diseases very easily! Generally speaking almost all flues came from birds(which is why 'bird flu' was so weird to me!)

So you very well could have caught something! Birds are big parasite carriers as well, so be careful. But you could also just feel sick from feeling bad :( I tried to save a baby squirrel once that didn't make it, and I got so ill because of it I threw up! Bleh. Could also be unrelated
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #20 
vaygirl

Yep. What purple said. As someone who used to keep budgies, when they're showing signs it's already too late. Don't feel bad. The bird was warm and safe in her last days.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote