Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #41 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Wait, sorry. (I know nothing about breeding) are they suppossed to be really bloated? (I don't mean to be offending)
As Karen has already stated.....this is not Bloat....this is a full tummy...often hobbyist confuse a normal full tummy with Bloat.....when you have bloat issues you also will have other symptoms...like....buoyancy issues, the fish usually will become lethargic and stop eating, pooping, color may or may not fade and/or stress stripes, clamped fins, scale may or may not stick up in the tummy area, the whole body may start to swell in severe cases of bloat.... etc.......when the Betta is well fed as you see in that pic....its normal and what you want to see after feeding and as the fish digest its food the tummy should naturally start to reduce in size within a few hours preparing itself for the next meal......especially important with young Bettas for growth and development......

Awesome Betta...drop dead gorgeous as usually...expect nothing less from Karen...lol......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #42 
NIB BETTA

Gorgeous as always. Quick question, do different colors show up on fry sooner than others? I've noticed that your fry and fry from your line show color much sooner than four weeks old. My fry didn't start to show color until they were four weeks old but it's nothing significant. A few days ago I noticed that they are getting color in their fins.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #43 
Martinismommy

OFL, thank you for the compliment and also for clerifying the difference between bloat and well fed......

NIB, my line tends to color up around 2-4 weeks....Maybe it's just my line not really sure......
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #44 
Martinismommy

Here are the rest of the starving little Demons lol Look at their faces and tell me they are not screaming FOOD!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #45 
NIB BETTA

Wow!!!

Now when are you going to breed Melano's? Because I need to place an order
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #46 
Martinismommy

I bred melanos a while back that did very well at the show.....I quit breeding them because the females are infertile.......
Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #47 
Oldfishlady

Laffs.....screaming for food...they do look half starved...lol.........I know with mine as I get closer to the tank they start jumping out of the water and attacking me...lol....pretty funny to watch...you would think I never fed them by the way they act or look with their fat little tummies.....laffs....

Gosh you take great pics.....mine always come out so dark......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #48 
vilmarisv

Karen, if I didn't know better I woudl accuse you of starving those babies... look at the poor guys beggind for food!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #49 
MrVampire181

What pellet do you feed your fry? I just started using Betta Pro and I've already seen a big growth spurt in them.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #50 
JaspersANGEL

Wow! Love ur last pic's!! They are too cute!!!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote