Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #1 
Buttercup

I'm sorry, Emerarudo...

Yesterday I bought a gorgeous emerald green male Betta whom I named Emerarudo. His tail was long and wavy and his color was very bright. I bought him so that I could use my other tank and now his body lies within the earth as a fertilizer for a new life. I'm new to fish and I don't realize an illness when I see it like most of you would so the store took advantage of me and sold me an ill Betta. Today I watched a gorgeous fish that could've been saved go from beauty to a corpse. Once wavy fins are now destined to tatter as the body decomposes and the emerald color fades to a dull flesh. Knowing the fact that he could've been saved makes me feel as if it's my fault his life is drained completely. As the owner of a Betta you must be able to detect an illness when it's forming and I failed to do so. I'm sorry that your death had to be so soon, Emerarudo.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #2 
Abby

*hugs for buttercup* its a learning process Buttercup, were bound to make mistakes every now and then.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #3 
Aluyasha

I made many mistakes when I first got Bettas. One mistake, I believe, resulted in the death of my beautiful Plum D. Unfortunatly we must make mistakes in order to learn the right way to do things. You cared deeply for him and that is what makes you a good owner in the end.
I am sorry for your loss.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote