Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #1 
BettaCavy

Plants for a 2gal?

So I've got a little 2gal setup with a heater and a thermometer and a little fishiecave and all that, but I was thinking about sticking a live plant in there as well. Because the tank is so small I do fairly frequent water changes (50% twice a week and 100% once a week) and it also has a top, so I wasn't entirely sure if a plant would be a good idea. Thoughts?
BettaCavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #2 
Scienceluvr8

Hello, I have 2, 2.5 gallon tanks and one or two plants seem to comfortably fit in my tanks. You should try looking into those bulb plants from walmart. I've had a few and they grow relatively quick, and they're really nice looking. They enhance the look of any tank in my opinion. Hope that helps. :)
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #3 
BettaCavy

how does that work out with 100% changes?
BettaCavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #4 
Scienceluvr8

Oh what I would do, when they were still bulbs, is put them in a cup with tank water as I would be cleaning. Once they started to become full grown, I would still put them in a larger container with tank water. Those plants don't have to be deeply rooted in the gravel, so it didn't seem like it bothered them when I removed them for just a few minutes to clean the tank. They're still submerged so it doesn't harm them. Those plants are really hardy and they do last quite awhile. Several of mine would even flower multiple times, so that was really neat. :)

Last edited by Scienceluvr8; 01-16-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote