Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #11 
Lion Mom

Oh - I thought in your previous post you said the tank came with fish. Maybe I misunderstood?

In any event, before you start filling it up with fish - research, research and research some more!!!

A 30 gal. planted tank would be AWESOME with a pair of angels, IMO!!! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #12 
Missy2280

LOL you didnt misunderstand, it did come with fish but we gave them to someone who just set up an aquarium. They were Danios and Tetras. We wanted something a little bigger. Angels are a great idea, I love them! :)
Missy2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #13 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2280 View Post
LOL you didnt misunderstand, it did come with fish but we gave them to someone who just set up an aquarium. They were Danios and Tetras. We wanted something a little bigger. Angels are a great idea, I love them! :)
OK - thought I was losing what little I had left of my mind!!!

I love angels also - they are so beautiful, IMO! A pair of angels and maybe some cory cats for the bottom and/or dwarf bristle nose plecs (they max out at only about 5 inches)? Lots of plants - sounds GREAT to me!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #14 
Lion Mom

Missy, wanted to send this to you via pm so I wouldn't be cluttering up the betta board with talk of angels, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to attach a picture to a private message! So, here goes!

It's a 38 gal. planted with a pair of angels (I lucked out - they are male & female), some platies, a pair of sword tails & a pair of dwarf bushy nose plecs.

I have decided as the smaller fish pass on, I will not replace them and eventually I am hoping to just have the angels & the bushy noses in it.

Please excuse the spotted up glass, but thought you might like an idea of how a planted tank with angels in it would look.

Not the best pic in the world since I am pretty bad with a camera, but you get the idea!

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #15 
Missy2280

Beautiful angels! My husband and I have had Angels over the years and never had luck with them for some reason. I think they are beautiful fish! How do you tell the difference between a male and female? :)
Old 01-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #16 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Beautiful angels! My husband and I have had Angels over the years and never had luck with them for some reason. I think they are beautiful fish! How do you tell the difference between a male and female? :)
A lot of the times it's the angels - bad genetics or whatever. I remember a while back (10 years or so?), it seemed like there was nothing but CRAP out there for angels!!!

Do you do AquaBid? If you do and you want me to, I can pm you the link of the dealer where I got mine (and bettas from). Have never gotten a bad fish from this particular seller. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it hasn't happened yet.

You can't tell the difference till they mate - my female laid eggs and the male fertilized them, but, of course, having other fish in the tank the eggs got eaten.

I know the tank isn't "aqua scaped" per se, but have you ever seen the bottom of a lake??? Not neat - not at ALL!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #17 
Missy2280

I love how your tank looks, we have natural themes in most of our tanks. I have never used Aquabid. I know a ton of people on here do but I'm weird about it. Lol. Is the breeder you use in the US? Reasonable pricing?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #18 
Lion Mom

Quote:
I love how your tank looks, we have natural themes in most of our tanks. I have never used Aquabid. I know a ton of people on here do but I'm weird about it. Lol. Is the breeder you use in the US? Reasonable pricing?
Yes, in the U.S. - Louisiana. Yes, reasonable pricing AND reasonable shipping charges AND packs VERY well!!!

She takes PayPal - do you have a PayPal account? Just in case you decide you want to try the AB route.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #19 
Missy2280

I have a Paypal account, you can send me a pm with her info and I will look and see what she has available. Thanks:)
Old 01-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #20 
Lion Mom

Ok, Missy, you've got mail (or a pm - LOL!).