Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #11 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanza View Post
I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun when I'm ready to adopt my first betta. What is Ammonia Chloramine Eliminator? I know it kills Ammonia and Chloramine but what is it exactly? Is it some sort of conditioner or something else? I hope I'm not too much of a noob for my first betta.
Idk what that is, or at least I havent used it D8 It appears you'd need to airrate your tank and do a bunch of stuff to it for an hour with that!
Its probably a conditioner. I use these:
http://www.fish.com/item/jungle-aqua...liquid/710422/ in the smallest to the left, it comes out in drops and makes the chlorine and nasties from tap water go away, while adding aloe to help destress my fish and replenish their slime coats :B (Walmart)
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752207, it works well and has a nice measuringy thing. Does the same as the other. (Petsmart)

Maybe get some of this, its aquarium salt and serves a huge amount of purposes (helps with hurt fins, stress, diseases..Its great and you get tons! (But only use when needed!))
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=10850845

If you feel overwhelmed, maybe make an online inventory of what you think you need and post it, that way the site members can help you out and advise you! :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #12 
Alanza

The instructions on the Ammonia Chloramine Eliminator states that I must put 1 teaspoon of it in the tank to 10 U.S. gallons. If I have a 2.5 gallon tank how much should I put in it? I would do the math myself but I'm not good at math at all. To be honest I'm going to be in math 1 next semester and I'm only a freshman.
Alanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #13 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanza View Post
The instructions on the Ammonia Chloramine Eliminator states that I must put 1 teaspoon of it in the tank to 10 U.S. gallons. If I have a 2.5 gallon tank how much should I put in it? I would do the math myself but I'm not good at math at all. To be honest I'm going to be in math 1 next semester and I'm only a freshman.
I guess, considering a tsp does allll that, maybe try putting the tsp into 1 gallon of water. Then, considering that 1 tsp=10gallons, you'd take like 20% of that...? Lemmie think.
And sorry about my before-edit, I read wrong DX

Last edited by PewPewPew; 01-18-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: DERP NVM READ WRONG LOLOLOL
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #14 
PewPewPew

Actually, I figured out a different way, but its a very small measurement :c
1/8 a tsp is the correct amount because that would equate to 2.5 gallons exactly. Maybe you have a 1/8tsp for cooking, try it (BUT NEVER USE IT FOR COOKING EVER AGAIN!)- they make them that size. Or, take half a 1/4tsp.
Its hard to realistically do with such small measurements :C
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #15 
Crazykat

You would use 1/4 of a teaspoon: 1tsp for 10 gal, half of that for a 5 gallon, 0.5 tsp, and a quarter of that for a 2.5 gallon: 0.25 tsp for 2.5 gallon. So, you can use a 1/4 teaspoon or if you want to use a syringe, 1.25 mL. I use a syringe because I think it's easier and also because my mother has banned me from using anything in the kitchen after we had a little misunderstanding (I totally did not know that that mug I put in my tank was her friends favorite mug!).
Crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #16 
Alanza

It'll be easier to just buy a syringe and do it that way so I'll look for one next time I visit the store. The mug incident had to suck. My mother would've killed me if that happened. She wouldn't ban me from using anything in the kitchen though.
Alanza is offline   Reply With Quote