Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #1 
DormDrax

Drax UPDATE!

This should go into the pictures thread... but I am going to show you what his water test's have been coming up as to maybe see if I'm perhaps color blind hahaha.

These were taken yesterday before I left to move into the dorm (Which is where I am now).

See... for a week this is what his tests come up as... does this mean it's cycled?

That Wedging into small spaces thing... here's proof.

Then just a shot of the tank as a whole.

For the rest of the pics...
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?albumid=1626

When I go home Friday the plants I got from http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/main.sc should be in. I used the discount code that was posted here woo! So his tank will be less a Fish Tank and my own... Water Garden hahaha (Which is sorta how I was able to justify the purchase).

I think he's doing pretty well... Wouldn't you agree?
He may be blind in his bad eye... but he's still amazingly active! I may see him every weekend but I already miss watching him! I'm bored sitting in this dorm room already! He's such a little clown *Sniff* .... oh wait *Turns off the sad music http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/lotus-land-story * Ok sorry hahaha music influences my mood heavily *Switches it to this http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/skaian-summoning * Ahhhh MUCH better!

I sent out alot of job applications recently and alot seemed promising so perhaps I'll have a weekend job (Nothing major) then get more hours during summer.
I did say I was going to have some Ghost Shrimp and Snails but the night I was going to get them my friend had to talk my poor mom's ears off for 20mins about how he fixed his computer (My mom works with computers but at an assisted living complex so emails and spreedsheets is all she knows) and so she just politely nodded not catching a thing he said (I wasn't getting it either... he's such a computer nerd lol)
Anyway we ended up being late and I had gotten the hours wrong... Petsmart.com said it closed at 10pm... when we got there it says it closes at 9pm... guess what time it was.... 9:05pm. If he hadn't of kept my mom hostage about his computer I'd have Ghost Shrimp and Snails! The next day (Yesterday) I was moving into the dorm so I didn't have time haha.
Oh well less stress on my mom who feeds Drax now (Probably overfeeding him because she's a sucker for cuteness).

On another note some of you may recall me mentioning I have an old dog. Yeah don't worry I haven't replaced her with Drax. She's still my fuzzy older sister (She's 15 now so in Dog years thats like what... 100?) The night before I left for school again... I know I said I come home on the weekends but here's the thing she LOVES me (I think I'm her favorite) and she whimpers if she knows I'm in the house but not around her. I can't sleep in my room because she whines then because she can't make it up the wood steps (Really all thats bad with her is her back legs.) So I help her down the Carpeted basement steps and just sleep on the basement fold out couch with her nearby (Kinda annoying to help her up and down those steps and the back steps to help her use the bathroom but she probably isn't gonna be around much longer so I can't not do it.) ANYWAY yeah night before I left I laid in the basement and just pet her for 2 hours straight saying I'd be back in a few days (She freaks out and gets depressed when I'm gone).

Oh well I'll get Tank Mates Someday!

This has been an Update on Drax, and his Delightfully Insane Owner! Hope it was entertaining!

Last edited by DormDrax; 01-17-2011 at 08:27 PM.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #2 
DormDrax

Eh... why not here's a pic of the dog I've had since I was 5.
Was taken about a week ago while taking her on a short walk.
I mention her alot or... enough that I feel like I should at least SHOW why I mention her alot even at 15 she's still the most precious thing!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #3 
bettafish15

*skimmed over your post*

Awe, cute Drax! Awe, cute dog! We just got a golden retriever puppy :3 I hope you dog sticks around!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

Ahah, that wedging thing isnt unusual. Alle does that all the time -__- Just make sure anything that he can wedge into isnt sharp and that there is just enough space for him :P
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #5 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Maybe we should change your name to DraxDad? :)

Drax looks good and I'm glad his eye has healed... oddly enough, my betta Baby Blue has popeye at the moment. It cheers me up to know that your betta has recovered!

About your water test results... the Ammonia result doesn't look right. If there is no ammonia in the water, your test result should have been pale yellow, not clear.

It looks like you have the same API test kit as I do... in my kit, the ammonia test requires two different chemicals, marked ammonia test one and ammonia test two. My directions say to add 8 drops of ammonia one; add 8 drops of ammonia two; cap and shake 5 seconds; read result in 5 minutes.

Is that more or less what your directions say?

I have to wander off for now, but I'll check your answer in the morning. :)

Have a good night, dog, Drax and DraxDad!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #6 
scootshoot

Drax looks different....

Looks like he went through his "marble" stage again.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #7 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
Maybe we should change your name to DraxDad? :)

Drax looks good and I'm glad his eye has healed... oddly enough, my betta Baby Blue has popeye at the moment. It cheers me up to know that your betta has recovered!

About your water test results... the Ammonia result doesn't look right. If there is no ammonia in the water, your test result should have been pale yellow, not clear.

It looks like you have the same API test kit as I do... in my kit, the ammonia test requires two different chemicals, marked ammonia test one and ammonia test two. My directions say to add 8 drops of ammonia one; add 8 drops of ammonia two; cap and shake 5 seconds; read result in 5 minutes.

Is that more or less what your directions say?

I have to wander off for now, but I'll check your answer in the morning. :)

Have a good night, dog, Drax and DraxDad!

Well I don't see how... BUDUHHH *Realization* Oh my... I thought Bottle #1 and #2 just meant that you got 2 bottles...

But wait lemme think here *Pictures kit* 4 bottles one side, 3 on the other... PH High Test, PH ... regular test, 1 Nitrite, ...2 Nitrate *URK*, but only 1 Ammonia I swear... .... wait that only add's up to 6..... ACK THERE MUST BE A Ammonia #2!

Oh my mom is NOT going to be happy when I ask her to do a water test tomorrow... *Biting Nails*

Last edited by DormDrax; 01-17-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #8 
DormDrax

YES IT'S TRUE!

I DID DO THE TESTS WRONG!

... I need to call my mom and have her do the tests for me by walking her through it over the phone. Wait... SHE WORKS TODAY, I can't call now she'd be just waking up...

But I can't call later since if anyone paid attention to my 'White Dot Infestation' you'd have known (Just Read 'And Then There Were None' so I'm a bit Murder Mystery at the moment) I had a bout of depression after learning I got a 'D' in my Graphic Art's class but just a few hours ago I finally got up the courage to read the reply email my Professor had sent me after I begged him to change the grade. ... He agreed... *Points Finger As Lightening Flashes Outside His Window* If I redid two of my projects and turned them in when classes started. My first class with him is Tomorrow at 9:30. He had sent the email on the First... Saying I had two weeks to complete the reworks... But I was too scared to read his reply (Which did really hurt, but I won't get into it.) So I have JUST under 24 hours to redo a large poster and design a Website!

But I'm worried, what if the Nitrates in the tank have been rising all this time, WHAT if the TopFin bulbs are actually rotting and causing the Ammonia to SPIKE!

WILL I be able to complete these two projects by tomorrow so that I can continue in the Graphic Design FIELD?

WILL MY MOTHER BE WILLING TO PERFORM THE WATER TESTS?!

*SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC*

STAY TUNED! To the new BettaFish Mystery Entitled...
DESIGNED WATERS

STAY TUNED...

(Once again I'm actually fine and sure my mom will do the test's, and I'm sure I can finish the work, but you all should know by now I like to be entertaining.)
Old 01-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #9 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

DormDrax,

It's a good thing you are so graphically/artistically-minded and posted your test results by picture. Otherwise, you and (the rest of us) wouldn't have known anything was amiss. :)

All the tests are run differently - and the PH test has two bottles for two different options: one if you have low ph water, and the other if you have high ph water. It's confusing at first and the type in the test booklet is microscopic (do all scientists have excellent eyesight? Is it a job requirement?).

After you re-read the booklet and get used to running the tests, it will be easier. I still keep the booklet open to the particular test that I am running, so I can make sure I don't leave any steps out (like the important 'rub your belly and pat your head at the same time' step - very important)! ;)

Happy testing!
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #10 
DormDrax

Your lack of "Well aren't you Crazy." Disturbs me... I must be getting dull. I'll have to become even more dramatic with my writings...

Yes I know about the PH tests, thats why I'm using the HIGH PH test. I always got the highest reading's on the regular one so I switched to the HIGH PH version.

In case you're wondering why I'm even responding (Since I mentioned the semester starts today). My first class got out early (Duh first day) so just sitting at the Fine Art's building till 3:30 (When my Second class starts, which then ends at 6pm.) casually working on those Revisions I have to have ready tomorrow.

Was going to call mom and explain the Tests but of course today at her work the Big Shots from the CORP that owns her building are in to scrutinize her and her coworkers so I can't explain a test to her haha.

Hopefully... wow this site is becoming more like my Second FaceBook in a sense, how weird. Perhaps it's because I can talk about my new Hobby of Fish Keeping here and how it affects me life wise. On FaceBook alot of my friends think I'm TOO into fish now haha so this place is cool to prowl.

... As I was saying, HOPEFULLY, BEST Scenario being I just wait till Friday and do the tests myself.

I just can't WAIT to go home this weekend when those new plants have arrived and just make that Tank a Gorgeous Aquatic Flower Box!