Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #1 
demonr6

Ghost Shrimp.. Murder Suicide

So last night I was pretty wound up with my trip to Wal-Mart and seeing the conditions of those poor fish. Later that night I had another tragedy, this one closer to home. I found one of my three ghost shrimp dead in the corner of the tank. The female and the remaining male were always hanging around conspiring. I was not surprised and I kind of knew this was coming. Now to make matters worse the last few days they have been hiding from me in the little Asian hut we have in the tank. This afternoon we got home from running errands and I find the male, dead.. the female is nowhere to be found. After a few minutes of searching she turned up dead too. Now it gets interesting. My wife points out these tiny little things swimming in the water. WTH? Tell me this was not some perverted shrimp tryst gone bad and now I have a bunch of baby ghost shrimp floating around in my tank?? I thought I heard some Al Green and some Color Me Badd one evening but thought it might have been the neighbors listening to music, not my darned shrimp!!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-18-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Profanity
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

I'm sorry, but that sounds funny. But yeah, they probably are baby shrimp. At least you don't have to buy more (KIDDING)!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #3 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
So last night I was pretty wound up with my trip to Wal-Mart and seeing the conditions of those poor fish. Later that night I had another tragedy, this one closer to home. I found one of my three ghost shrimp dead in the corner of the tank. The female and the remaining male were always hanging around conspiring. I was not surprised and I kind of knew this was coming. Now to make matters worse the last few days they have been hiding from me in the little Asian hut we have in the tank. This afternoon we got home from running errands and I find the male, dead.. the female is nowhere to be found. After a few minutes of searching she turned up dead too. Now it gets interesting. My wife points out these tiny little things swimming in the water. WTH? Tell me this was not some perverted shrimp tryst gone bad and now I have a bunch of baby ghost shrimp floating around in my tank?? I thought I heard some Al Green and some Color Me Badd one evening but thought it might have been the neighbors listening to music, not my darned shrimp!!

ROTFL! MORE,MORE!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-18-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #4 
demonr6

Dangit I knew they were up to something. I am going to put up some police tape around the tank while I continue to investigate the crime scene. I have three dead shrimp and a bunch of orphan larvae to tend to.

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 01-18-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: language
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote