Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Oh man, that was scary. D8

So I fed Calder and Anael tonight. Calder managed to splash his pellet over to the corner of the divider. All is well, fine and dandy. And then BAM-- he lunges, and wiggles through. I was right there. and I grabbed a cup and got Anael out before he even realized he had a guest. Calder runs like hell from the cup but Anael just come to investigate and get swooped up.

I'd thought my divider looked a little gappy before, but it held up fine. Needless to say, I trashed that one and re-cut with a bit more divider left. Got the bowed look going on but oh well.

Since i was thinking about heading to petco tomorrow, I cut a second one too, and divided the tank into three parts. It's looking pretty spiffing with, aside from the empty middle section. The dividers aren't quite evenly placed, but I suppose next water change I can fix that-- pesky gravel just gets in the way. lol.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #2 
Abby

Lol sounds like he was rather determined to get HIS pellet back lol. I have my new tank coming this week so by the week after I'm hopig to have a few gals. I'm hoping to purchase a breeding pair online somewhere as my last set pair but till then I can get one male and three girls just to fill the new tank then I have room for maybe one more in the critter keeper -sly look- then more if I innocently add more critter keepers and at $12 for a 3 liter (not sure in gallons) I can pretend the tanks are doing their own multiplying haha
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #3 
ChicagoPete

That whould surtinly get my blood pumping lol.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Oh, that would be nerve wracking! Good thing you were there. It's happened to me a few times that a betta will push his pellet to the other side of the tank-then he'll get angry and try to lunge for it next to the divider.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #5 
Goomba3

Yikes! This is why I am apprehensive to divide a tank. Though I would probably make it a permanent divide, not temporary, so the dividers would have holes in it to have the water filter through, etc and would be glued to the sides of the tank. I'm glad everything work out and no one was injured!
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote