Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #11 
AngelicScars

Anyone else?! :D
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

You should be fine. As long as the dog is UTD on all shots and is past like 6months of age he should not have an issue with parvo. Make sure you get him to the vet right away after adopting him to get him checked out and at that time you can ask your vet if he/she thinks precautions should be taken.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would make sure the new dog has been vaccinated for parvo.
A couple of years ago, my neighbor, whom I petsat for, was walking her dog along the side of our development where there is a field and she and Mackenzie, her dog, spotted a basset hound puppy wandering down the road. They followed the puppy and it led them to another puppy, his sister. She was sick. Mackenzie laid down beside the puppy and started licking her and whining. My neighbor flagged down a passing car and asked them to drive her up the road to Petsmart. She left the puppies at Petsmart. She found out the next day that the little female died from parvo. She was concerned about Mackenzie getting it but her vet told her that since he had been vaccinated for parvo that he'd be ok. And he was.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #14 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I would make sure the new dog has been vaccinated for parvo.
A couple of years ago, my neighbor, whom I petsat for, was walking her dog along the side of our development where there is a field and she and Mackenzie, her dog, spotted a basset hound puppy wandering down the road. They followed the puppy and it led them to another puppy, his sister. She was sick. Mackenzie laid down beside the puppy and started licking her and whining. My neighbor flagged down a passing car and asked them to drive her up the road to Petsmart. She left the puppies at Petsmart. She found out the next day that the little female died from parvo. She was concerned about Mackenzie getting it but her vet told her that since he had been vaccinated for parvo that he'd be ok. And he was.
Poor puppy! I'm glad her doggie was okay though!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #15 
Kethlas

As long as your new dog has his Parvo shots, he'll be fine. It sounds like you've done everything you should once you realized what was going on, which is a lot more than most would have.

If you are worried, take your new dog to the family vet immediately after picking him up (no stops at home or pet stores), and have them check the dog over, give him any shots he's missing, etc. Most vets should be willing to make an appointment ahead of time for the day you bring him home if you explain the situation.
Kethlas is offline   Reply With Quote