Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #1 
bettafish15

Question How often does a cat get into your betta tank?

One day, I was doing a water change, and my dog was trying to drink out of the buckets of dirty tank water. I shoo'ed him away, but I had no idea my kitten was in the room, she jumped onto the table beside my tank, and from there jumped into my tank. The lid was open of course, and normally when she does this the lid is closed... so of course I pull her out, and she takes the filter media with her! I had thrown her on the bed across the room, without knowing it was attached to her leg! So I was looking all over for the filter media, only to find after I'd finished everything that it was sopping wet, and on my bed. Needless to say, I gave it a good rinse to get rid of the cat fur XD Any funny stories like this to share?
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #2 
Learn To Fly

Well, my cat has developed a taste for fish water, so he keeps drinking out of my sick jars. He's spilled them 4 times (once at 2 in the morning!) and once, I had the lid on real tight and he just tipped it off the shelf and it landed upside down. The fish was a bit freaked out, but it didn't spill!
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #3 
xswornxoffxjello

LOL
Ayla has taken to sitting on Hagrid's 10 gallon tank and lapping water from the top (the lid is weird and I have to have a washcloth over part to keep him from jumping. Nothing serious has happened, thank goodness. :) She loves watching my strange ritual of removing water and replacing it in the fish tanks. She looks at me like: O.O XD
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

We can't have cats/dogs here. =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #5 
Luimeril

i had a spiteful cat when i had my first betta. well, he wasn't MY cat, but my sister's. he liked to torment Zach, and taught my cat(a fat full-tailed Manx named Goldie) to knock his bowl down! caused Goldie to break the first one(thus, Zach lived in a Blue's Clues cup for a few days until i got a new one). i started keeping orange bag mesh over the top to keep my fish in, and keep the cats out! luckily, my black cat, Chloe, and my dad's old neutered cat don't give two licks about the fish. Junior will actually lay up on my fish table and sleep! my babies are all excited about this new creature laying by them, though!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #6 
Kitdae

Abbi liked to push Syre in his old tank around. Now she smushes herself against the glass. And she tried the same thing with Kai when I had him in the little one. Now that hes in a bigger tank, I'm expecting the same thing lol
Kitdae is offline   Reply With Quote