Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #1 
starlight910

Question Finrot?

Hello, my male betta Valentino has been tail biting for a while, although I noticed that he now has black on the tips of his fins,therefore I assume it can be finrot now. Is it? I haven't tested my water but I will get a test kit ASAP (unfortunately the pet store I went to was out of stock when I tried buying one yesterday). The tank is 4 gallons(uncycled). I do one 80-90% water change and one 50% water change each week. It has no filter right now, the filter stopped functioning about a month ago. The tank is, of course, heated.
Sorry for the poor quality picture
A bad phone camera+camera shy betta= bad pictures
Attached Images

starlight910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #2 
starlight910

Here is another picture
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #3 
starlight910

Any help is appreciated.
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Give threads a little time before bumping lol, we can't all be on all the time! Heck, if I were, I'd want to be paid at least!

Well the good news is that it's not fin rot, it's actually fin regrowth! Here's is one of my threads and you can see the similar picture a few pictures down in the thread: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=346377
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #5 
starlight910

Great, thank you! That link was very helpful! Haha sorry if I sounded pushy I posted one of the replies because my phone only lets me post one picture per post and I wanted to include a picture that wawas a bit clearer and the other "help is appreciated" one because I forgot to add it to my original post and I forgot how to edit posts.
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's alright, it happens lol. It's usually implied anyway that you'd appreciate the help since you'd post here I don't mind the one picture per post thing, I understand that mobile isn't the same, it was just the post after is all. But all set ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote