Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #1 
lilchiwolf

Thumbs down Have any of you met or bought from this breeder?

I have this guy added on youtube. He calls himself "GreatBetta".
He always has REALLY nice fish and a ton of videos. I would like to buy from him, but a question came to mind.

Most breeders will charge a but load of $ to ship a fish, like $25-$30.

This guy messaged me about this black HM I wanted and said the fish would be $25 and $5 shipping. I was like Whaaa? That did not seem right.

Should I be wary of this guy? Or have any of you gotten fish from him? I think he is also on aquabid.

Here is his youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/greatbetta
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #2 
Martinismommy

Greatbettas has some of the nicest imports available......I have bought from him.....The $5.00 per fish fee is just the exporting fee.....You then have to pay the transhipper an additonal fee which is usually around $45.00 for box, heat pack and express shipping to you once they receive the fish from overseas...
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #3 
mand

He ships from Thailand to a transhipper in your country and then you have to pay the transhipper to deliver to you, usually $25-$35 dollars.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #4 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinismommy View Post
Greatbettas has some of the nicest imports available......I have bought from him.....The $5.00 per fish fee is just the exporting fee.....You then have to pay the transhipper an additonal fee which is usually around $45.00 for box, heat pack and express shipping to you once they receive the fish from overseas...
OMG! That would make that fish.....$80!? That's nuts!!!....maybe if I was showing I would think about it. Darn...I really wanted a black one too
Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #5 
demonr6

and that is when you have to sit down and really think to yourself, do I want to spend $80 on a Betta? As much as I think some of the overseas fish are stunners, I cannot justify spending that much loot on a Betta. I will stick with my US breeders.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #6 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
and that is when you have to sit down and really think to yourself, do I want to spend $80 on a Betta? As much as I think some of the overseas fish are stunners, I cannot justify spending that much loot on a Betta. I will stick with my US breeders.
I think I'll do the same, but even US can be pricey. I might just stick with Petco XD. At least till I start breeding myself.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #7 
Luimeril

there's some nice US breeders on Aquabid. x-X i'll stick with those, when i finally decide to buy from there.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #8 
demonr6

I paid eight bucks for my latest from a US Aquabid seller plus a few bucks for shipping. I know I got a good fish that wasn't sitting in a festering bowl for weeks on end. :)
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #9 
turtle10

I have bought from him. The total ended up being about $60 for everything. He is legit and always replied to my emails. His fish are gorgeous and the male I received from him is so active and healthy and already has a lot of personality (I've had him a week). If you are okay with spending that much, I would say go for it,
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #10 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I have bought from him. The total ended up being about $60 for everything. He is legit and always replied to my emails. His fish are gorgeous and the male I received from him is so active and healthy and already has a lot of personality (I've had him a week). If you are okay with spending that much, I would say go for it,
Ooo is your avatar that DT you got from him?? Is he accepting pellets? He looks so much more vibrant in your pic! My transhipper lost the DT greatbettas sent for me but then found it yesterday. Not before greatbettas let me have another fish for free because of the hassle! My DT gets here tomorrow w 3 others I ordered from banleang :D
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote