Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #11 
bettalover2033

That is cruel, but dont criticize because not everyone knows the proper care for bettas. I mean i used to think that those tiny bowls that they keep them in at the store was the perfect home until i finally researched and got some type of knowledge of the type of fish. So dont judge them on the size of the bowls.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #12 
Omega3

Ooooh neat! Betta Condos!
Omega3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #13 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
That is cruel, but dont criticize because not everyone knows the proper care for bettas. I mean i used to think that those tiny bowls that they keep them in at the store was the perfect home until i finally researched and got some type of knowledge of the type of fish. So dont judge them on the size of the bowls.
I am very sorry, I did not mean that to sound rude or to criticize. Sometimes my words do not go together right. :)
I was leaning more towards people who do not care about their fish and see them more as an ornament than a pet. I understand some people do not know better. I also have made stupid mistakes with my pets because of lack of knowledge. Again, I did not mean to offend.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #14 
Goomba3

Yikes! I would never keep a betta in one of those. I had a friend in college who kept a betta in a small applesauce jar. I had never really had bettas, but I thought it was kind of small for a fish. Yet she seemed to know what she was doing. But I would just feel bad for a fish in something that small.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #15 
Lordsameth

At the pet store I get my Betta at, they were displaying one of these with a Betta in it

Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
Yikes! I would never keep a betta in one of those. I had a friend in college who kept a betta in a small applesauce jar. I had never really had bettas, but I thought it was kind of small for a fish. Yet she seemed to know what she was doing. But I would just feel bad for a fish in something that small.
Well i just wanted to defend the people that dont actually know. Also please dont be sorry because it wasn't your fault either. I knew that YOU were referring to the people that know but dont care. Is just other people on the forum i just wanted to inform them about what i know. After all this is a forum that has many opinions and suggestions that all members SHOULD (but sometimes dont) take into consideration for.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #17 
DormDrax

Oh Good Gravy... if anything, this could only be salvaged if you ditched the FinRipper of a plant and perhaps used it for traveling. It seems tall enough so that sloshing from movement of transport wouldn't be bad. (Cept you'd HAVE to remove that plant so your betta doesn't shred on it from a light bump.)

So... as a Transporter... actually wouldn't seem to bad, if not... a good transport container (After ditching the plant.). I'd have probably liked this for when I had transported Drax from the DORMs... which I had used an opaque mug (How he survived an hour in my friends heaterless (It had busted) car I'll never know.)

So... as a permanent tank? ... no, never.

So... as a QT tank for maybe a day or so while cleaning or to treat for illness? Mmmm... perhaps? If you have a dozen betta's and need to QT alot of them at once... would probably be a good space saver (IF the 'Stackable' option doesn't suffocate them.).

Just to say it again... My 'Perhaps' idea is ONLY if you remove the dang plant haha. And thats ONLY for transport, and perhaps QTing.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #18 
amandag3001

I think it's the perfect home - for seamonkey's!!!
amandag3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #19 
bettalover2033

Lol thats true!.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #20 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsameth View Post
At the pet store I get my Betta at, they were displaying one of these with a Betta in it

They sell these things at the petstore where I got my little betta in, and they use them as displays all the time.

But the original one is just silly. It's even smaller than the cups the normally come in!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote