Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #1 
peachesxo

Question First post & first betta in a long time

Okay. So I have had about two Betta's before in my time and just a few days ago decided to get another on a bit of a whim. I ended up finding a super pretty crowntail but i just bought a small starter kit. He was fine the first day but today isn't doing too much swimming around and spat out his food. The tank is only half a gallon AND I REALIZE NOW THAT'S WAY TOO SMALL after going through all these forums, hence the first post part and just joining, so I am going to get a new tank tomorrow thanks to all your posts & alot of youtube tank watching.

I think i am going to get the 6 gallon eclipse tank, does anyone have this? is it good? or any other reccommendations?
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #2 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
Okay. So I have had about two Betta's before in my time and just a few days ago decided to get another on a bit of a whim. I ended up finding a super pretty crowntail but i just bought a small starter kit. He was fine the first day but today isn't doing too much swimming around and spat out his food. The tank is only half a gallon AND I REALIZE NOW THAT'S WAY TOO SMALL after going through all these forums, hence the first post part and just joining, so I am going to get a new tank tomorrow thanks to all your posts & alot of youtube tank watching.

I think i am going to get the 6 gallon eclipse tank, does anyone have this? is it good? or any other reccommendations?
That'd be a great tank. Remember to get a heater, too! I have a Marineland 5 hex and I like that, and Ive also had a 1.5 gal tetra brand one, which worked well (with upkeep) and fit my budget.
Make sure you get conditioner, some nice soft plants and substrate and youll be golden :B
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #3 
Krys

That's plenty big enough!
But yes, make sure to get a good heater if you're going anything bigger than a gallon, and even a gallon is a bit small.

As for your betta problems. About the swimming, he's cramped in a small space, so swimming around is a bit hard. He could also be cold. Betta's like 70's to even the low 90's Fahrenheit. 80's are a nice temp to stick with. As for him not eating. Mine's not doing too much of it either right now. I just got him yesterday and I've been told that he needs to settle in. But he's active. That might be your's problem too.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Just a little reminder....this is an old thread...started 1-20-2011 and the OP may not respond......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote