Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #1 
Creat

Betta Education and Trusted Treatment Alliance (BETTA)

ok let me start out by saying this isnt all my idea so lol I'm not in charge here just making a thread, but that being said there is a new group starting up the main idea/goal behind it is to have people who judge and critique supposed betta housing and betta oriented things so people who have no clue can go and determine if its something we endorse or not. We could possibly endorse good pet stores and good breeders if it grows larger. I believe the goal of this is to set up a non-profit that is trusted to give good advice and endorses good products. Just like how you can go and see that products are endorsed by such things as organic groups and other things. This is a big project to take on but it could help make a huge impact in people who abuse betta fish for a profit (ex. the aquablock people) but all we have is an idea and so we need people to help out.
I propose that we break into groups that do seperate things but all respond to a higher authority/ board of directors. But built so that everyone has a voice.
So if you want to do any of these things let us know.
Board of Directors:
-Public Relations Head: (to work with making videos and flyers and getting out and showing people)
-Head Judge: (the speaker of the judges who critique products and other betta related things)
-Products Placement and Endorsement head ( works in contacting people who create good products or bad products and works with companies in general who seek endorsement)
-Non profit head: (basically someone who is good with legalities who wouldnt mind doing the paper work involved but also works to get money coming into the organization via donations)
-many can be added later

Groups:
Public relations
-Group to work on creating videos
-Group to work on flyers
-Group designing a website

Judging Committee
A group of about 10 or 20 of people educated in betta care that can work out when a new product is given if it can make the betta "happy" and supply adequate care.

Product Team
-works out in the field with stores and people who run the companies

Non-profit Team
-works to raise money for the organization with public relations by putting our face and message out there

This is just a rough idea, the heads would be decided by vote among the groups. And they do all the same things the rest of the group does they just would have to do extra work to keep everything moving. Eventually products might seek endorsement from us if a large enough body of people decide this is what they want the body of people that follow us. So all ideas welcome!
Another thing WE NEED A LOGO lol oh and there is a facebook page so if you want to stay connected and find everyone easy its there. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...55377897845816
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #2 
Luimeril

i'm still working on a video. x-X just haven't really had the time lately. .___.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #3 
Busted

I really like this idea, perhaps I can help somehow :3
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #4 
Creat

Well you can do really anything you want to do :)
Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #5 
tsoto80

Is this a peaceful group or can we start riots and stuff? lol I wanna toilet paper something (I already know the answer just teasing)
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #6 
Creat

Lol I wish we could toilet paper stuff :p Ha ha ha
Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #7 
bettaloverforever16

How can I help?
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #8 
Creat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaloverforever16 View Post
How can I help?
well we need a logo as a top or an idea for one someone can create, then the next thing is a website so you can do something like that if you like, free websites are your best bet I tend to like yola for someone who doesnt have experience with html code
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #9 
bloo97

Do you guys need a logo? If so, I could do one!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

I'm not sure I understand what the purpose is. Why would people donate to this group? What would the group actually do? What would change? Who would listen (who is the target population)?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote