Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #11 
Wildcat

I just finished doing exactly what you recommended. I also purchased the test strips so I can get the water straightened out. I do have some live plant bulbs that I can put in the gravel, will do this next time I do a 50%, prob tomorrow. Wondering how I can get the pre-mixed water up to the same temp as the Tank? I have it in a plastic gallon jug. I only have one heater, guess I could try to use that in the gallon jug???

Thanks SO MUCH for your suggestions and help!
Wildcats Mom.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

For just water changes and not pre-mixed treatment water...I run the tap to get to temp checking with a thermometer...fill the jug-add the dechlorinatoer-shake and add to the tank....

For a 1gal jug of pre-mixed treatment water-you can set the jug in hot water...either the sink or a large bowl/basin...etc.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #13 
Wildcat

Hi all....Report on Wildcat Still not good this morning, I worried about him all night. I was waiting at Feeders when they opened to purchase a new heater with the thermostat control. The one I had purchased did not have this feature and I could not get the water temp any higher than 74 degrees. After doing a 25% water change yesterday, I added the Aquarium Salt.
He is still laying on the bottom and not eating, his fins are also looking sort of curled I am really worried.
I have the new heater in there now and raising the temp slowly with him in there. I also added a little Betta Fix hoping this will make him feel better. He did swim around a little while I was messing with his tank. I have restricted the air to a slow flo and temp is 76 now and going up slowly. Is there anything else I can do at this point, or just leave him for the day and see how he does? Help please....I don't want to lose my little guy
Thanks, Wildcat's Mommy
P.S. Someone mentioned removing the tube in the center, but I am thinking the less I do right now may be better. I don't want to stress him anymore if that's what is going on. He is not really moving around much anyway. Hopefully later.

Last edited by Wildcat; 01-22-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Additional Comment/Question
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #14 
Lolocassie

Hi! I'm new to this. I just got my betta. (I'll post pics later) I have my filter water is conditioned and a light for heat. Also a fake plant and a cave. The temp says 68 degrees. When should I put Homer in the aquarium? ( he's still in his cup) thanks soo much!!
Lolocassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #15 
Wildcat

Great idea, putting the gal of water in hot water to heat up! Thanks