Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #1 
Grundylady

Suddenly Aggressive

Not sure where to post this so I put it here. Bo has been with us a week and a half now. He always comes to the front of the tank when I am in the kitchen. (1.8 gal filtered heated)

Bo seems to be always hungry. I may feed him a bit much but he eats all I give him. (4-5 pellets twice a day. Betta Banquet pellets)

I have always fed him in about the same place in the tank and if I drop it in and he does not see it right away I hold my finger over it until he finds it. Or push it back towards him and then he snaps it up. (Never takes long.)

Since yesterday, if I touch my finger to the tank glass he will flare at me. And if I hold my finger over the water he will jump at it and try to bite me. I have not let him. (Anyone know if it would hurt or not?)

Why is he suddenly so aggressive? (Was he always and is just now comfortable enough to show me? He used to run from my finger if I put it in the tank.)

Any thoughts?

P.S. - I have not given him a little bloodworm treat in a few days.
Grundylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #2 
eclover09

Betta's are piglets lol, he probably has just gained back his appetite and is demanding food haha. It doesn't hurt when they "bite" you, my betta Veteran does that to me all the time, he jumps straight up and noms my fingers when I feed him, he is never satisfied : P
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #3 
Irish Dancing Man

Lol you barely even feel it when tries to bite you.
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #4 
Goomba3

Haha, he sounds like he might be going through some sort of mood. Just keep an eye on him, make sure nothing is stressing him out, and see if the change continues.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote