Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #1 
demonr6

Maximus

This is the latest addition to our fish family, Maximus. I purchased him online on AB from one of the US breeders a couple of weeks ago. Due to the weather he thought it would be in the best interest of the fish if he waited to ship him off to me when we had better temps.. and here he is. He arrived this afternoon and after about five minutes of unpacking there he was!

He really is interesting and the pictures do not do him justice. He is an iridescent color that shifts with the light so you see shades of green and blue on his tail and his body is white but at some angles it is almost a pinkish hue. If you look at his lips he looks like he has red lipstick on and he has a little beard thingee under his chin.

He is really outgoing and swims right up to you, gives you a look and flares. He also knows feeding time and will come right up to greet you for his meal. Max will be staying with us until next week when I can get him to his new home at my office. I have a nice 3g tank waiting for him.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #2 
Missy2280

Beautiful fish! I have seen so many on AB that I would love to have but I am scared to have a fish shipped. Lol....I'm just weird I guess. People do it on here all the time. I would def like you get one from a US breeder. Congrats on your new fish:)
Missy2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #3 
Lordsameth

Wow, he is stunning! Easily one of the most beautiful Betta I have ever seen! I envy you! Take good care of him!
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #4 
demonr6

Thank you! I can't wait to get him into the tank and some better lighting conditions and a more open space to see him in action!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #5 
dragonfair

Beautiful fish! (and cool name...)
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #6 
PewPewPew

B'aww! >w< He's a good looking little boy! I love his colors, that black is striking. And heehee, love those lips! They look like lipstick ;D <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #7 
demonr6

I was really lucky and found a very good US seller on AB.. I feel bad for the poor fish at Wal-Mart and the condition they are in. :(
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

I know right! Walmart, shiver. Well, this fish is adorable! I would love to get a betta from Aquabid, but they are so expensive, and I already have 3 bettas. Sigh. LOL. But I am proud of the bettas I have, all wonderful rescues from Petco. Great buy. Love his colors! What type of betta fish is he, Delta? :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #9 
fishman12

Expect to be missing a certain betta when you wake up tomorrow...

He's a beautiful fish. More pics!!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #10 
nochoramet

Dawww!!! He is gorgeous! Love his color <3 can't wait for pictures in his permanent home!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote