Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #1 
Tsuhei

Something amusing...

I've recently been apart of Ultimate Betta's community...reading things and whatnot...and I just saw a post via the status updates:

BB123 is no longer with us. Sorry if you think the public announcement is rude or disrespectful.

Apparently, he found fighting crickets amusing..I guess posting that finally gave that forum a reason to ban him as well..I just hope he learns something... but seeing that he's roaming around still searching for potential breeding bettas...it doesn't seem like it. This looks like it's starting to become animal abuse.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Who knows how many forums he's been banned from. I wonder if he'll try to get back on UB.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:17 AM   #3 
Duncan13

I've read some of the things he's said on this forum. Unpleasant. He's even threatened people. I'm glad hes gone now, but I thought he was banned over a 2 months ago?
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:21 AM   #4 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan13 View Post
I've read some of the things he's said on this forum. Unpleasant. He's even threatened people. I'm glad hes gone now, but I thought he was banned over a 2 months ago?
He was. This was on yet another web forum...and he's moved on to harassing a breeder on his website's web board (found out because I bought Stamps from this breeder..was just checking up on his stock and yeah...). Hooray. Oh, and he bred the pair he said he wasn't going to breed. And he's in search of more double tail bettas. Lovely.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #5 
Duncan13

Oh wow, I wonder what he actually wants to accomplish in life. He's only 11-12, am I correct? At that age, he shouldn't be prowling online, threatening older forum members and disturbing people because he likes doing so. Hopefully, someday, someone can get him to realize that what he is doing is wrong. I remember one one post he mentioned that one of his breeder females was injured so badly that you could see the insides. He also mentioned that it was "okay" and "normal when breeding." He's also tried to come back multiple times and has multiple user names I think. I'm also 12 and although I shouldn't be judging, I have much better ways to spend MY childhood than go around trolling forums.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #6 
1fish2fish

He PMed me on UB and asked if he was going to be allowed back here. I told him under no uncertain terms was he to follow me to any of my other forums. I told him that I didn't know what his ban status was here and if he wanted to know he should get in touch with the staff of this board. I also told him in not such nice terms that I did not condone his breeding practices or methods and I was not going to associate myself with him so he'd better quit PMing me.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #7 
Tsuhei

+1 1fish2fish

He actually did breed a male DT and a female VT for his DT spawn...he returned the female to petsmart because she was sick and the male died after the spawn. *facepalm* I do not believe that brood will survive, especially if it was contaminated with a disease from the female he returned (and the fact he just lost a brood because their stomachs exploded...).

I agree that he should be finding something better to do...apparently I "ruined his childhood" by criticizing his breeding techniques.

Honestly..people that act like this typically don't have much of a social life. Plus, since his parents are purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of bettas, I'm sure they don't discipline him enough or they're trying to "buy his love" - seeing that his father is an accredited college professor might mean he might not have enough time to spend with his son, especially if his wife is a stay at home mom. Also, this all goes back to child protection services pounding ridiculous notions into the minds parents and children that practically any sort of real discipline is a "no-no" and that everything should be talked out. That's fine if the child is 15 when a majority of the numbers are mature enough to listen and give feedback. But at age 14-, things still go astray, especially when the child is going through puberty - they (a majority) won't listen..at least fully. (No offense, Duncan13 - I'm not saying that you don't listen. You are quite mature for your age.)

Through my observation, he's trying to gain acceptance via online communities by breeding fish so that he has something in common with the rest of the forum. He's trying to use the lives of many bettas as a means to gain acceptance...that's why I told him to wait - I do not believe he understands how priceless life is (especially since he returned the female betta to petsmart like she was a piece of merchandise), whether it be human or animal.

Last edited by Tsuhei; 01-23-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #8 
JKfish

Sheesh, I was really hoping he'd learn something after being banned from this forum and us trying to tell him why. I hope no one decides to buy his fry and that he'll get tired of trying to join threads and be consistantly banned, maybe that'll discourage him from wanting to breed and abuse fish.

Last edited by JKfish; 01-23-2011 at 03:00 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #9 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Sheesh, I was really hoping he'd learn something after being banned from this forum and us trying to tell him why. I hope no one decides to buy his fry, maybe that'll discourage him from wanting to breed and abuse fish.
Well he was banned from this forum as well as the UB forum...and soon the other forum I spotted him on that I'm on. Unfortunately, people will try to buy his fry. He's being fueled by "friends" at his school. By getting attention from them, he's turning his attempts into a positive experience. Perhaps something along the lines of him breeding fish and giving them to his other 10-11 year old friends will allow him to gain their acceptance and praises. In other words, he's breeding for all of the wrong intentions.

This is starting to look more like a "God Complex", honestly. I believe he might be a few steps away from becoming a full-blown sociopath. That is, if he doesn't stop hurting innocent creatures.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #10 
Feral

I have a hard time believing BB was 11 yo- I think he was yanking everyones chains for the reactions. And still is, wherever he is.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote