Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #1 
wallywestisthebest333

Unhappy Tail Biting Despair :'[

I'm sorry for making a thread about this but I need to leave in the next 10 minutes and don't have time to search. >n<

Is there a way to make a fish stop tail biting?

There is NOTHING but dechlorinated water and a heater in Firefly's jar but he's suddenly got chunks of tail missing that weren't missing a few days ago. 8[

I change the water daily and at first I thought I was imagining it but more chunks have gone missing. :'[

What do I do? </3 I want him to stop HIS TAIL WAS FINALLY HEALING!!!! WHY FIREFLY WHY?!?!?!?!? 8'[

And of course now Firedrake is being a perfect angel. Hasn't tried to jump in a week. :/ My luck, it's been great for school so I guess it needs to even itself out or something? But really. Why not break my bike? Why go after my fish? :'[

Genie's back at home again for any interested. The reason being that I've had trouble setting up my tank again (sound familiar anyone?) and my parents demanded that I leave ALL my fish again and I argued AGAIN that I need to take extra special care of these two. :[ It's always a fight with them. :[ uhg. If they'd let me take my 5 gallon back home in the first place like I begged them to this wouldn't be happening. >:/

But yeah if anyone knows how to make Firefly stop munching his tail please tell me. :'[

Love you guys! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

My new, completley mental boy is tail biting, too -__- Hes so neurotic and..ergh. Has those little oval nips all over alllll his fins.
Ive heard just some aqu. salt and to try and keep them busy, like put things around their tank that is interesting and stuff :(
Mine totally doesnt care, and wont stop, so I guess the little brat is just gonna nom his pretty tail off til he cant anymore...
Hope yours stops :c!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-24-2011 at 08:16 PM.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biting, tail, tail biting