Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #1 
Cassandra90

Question Where can I get good aquatic plants?

Petsmart and Petco I have a hard time trusting on true aquatic plants. AnchorBay Aquarium, has good plants but it cost me a ton.

I really want to switch my 55 gallon to a complete live plant tank. At the moment it is a mix between fake and real. But I am also interested in getting a 10 gallon tank for my betta and put live plants in there.

Anyone know of safe plants for bettas and good places local or online to get good deals on true aquatic plants?

Thank you!
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

This is a good site, according to a recent thread. http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/
You could try Anacharis, java ferns, java moss, anubias and marimo balls if you are looking for easy plants. I don't have any live plants, but those are the ones everyone on this site seem to recommend.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #3 
Cassandra90

I actually have marimo balls in my 55 gallon, along with a java fern, sword plant, moneywort (I love this plant) and two other types of ferns.

Ill look into that site. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

You're welcome!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #5 
LazyLazyFish

You could try aquabid.com

They always have interesting plants up for auction, and I've heard many good reviews from people that have used the site before.
LazyLazyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #6 
Scrambles

Have you tried www.liveaquaria.com ??? I friggin love love love them. Great, clean, healthy plants. You can visit their site and request a free catalog if you want! Also, www.thatpetplace.com has a decent selection of good quality freshwater plants for decent prices.
Scrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #7 
kfish

I second http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/. I've bought plants from there, and they're healthy as can be. If you use the code BETTAFISH (all caps!) at check out, you'll get a 10% discount. :) It's a code for members of this site, since we refer people there all the time XD
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #8 
Scrambles

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
I second http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/. I've bought plants from there, and they're healthy as can be. If you use the code BETTAFISH (all caps!) at check out, you'll get a 10% discount. :) It's a code for members of this site, since we refer people there all the time XD
AWESOME! Great selection and reasonably priced too! I'm totally trying them out when I get paid. Thanks:)
Scrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #9 
Cassandra90

That's awsome 10% off helps with my money budget. I'll for sure to check them out!