Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #1 
monroe0704

Would anyone...

want to pay shipping for Helios and try to bring him back to health?

He still flares, but he's lethargic and won't eat... I've tried all I can and I want to give someone else the chance to work with him. I however don't have the shipping cost on hand at this moment because of my recent move. Let me know! He's beautiful!

Here's a pic of him for those that haven't seen him (which is unlikely since I pic spam a lot) hah
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

Awww, I wish I could take him, but I don't have money or room. =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #3 
weluvbettas

But if he is not well as it is couldent he be more likely to pass away during shipping? :(
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #4 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

monroe0704,

Helios is very beautiful. I hope you you can re-home him soon. How old is he? And what conditions has he been living in (PH, size home, water temp, alone or with pals, etc)?
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #5 
monroe0704

He is now 4.5 months. He is in 6.5 PH, 2.5 then 10 gallon, he was at 78 degrees but I knocked it up to 80 to aid in any healing, and he is alone.

For those that question whether he'd make the trip, then I'll offer a DOA guarantee. You'll get your shipping cost back. He's inevitably going to pass in my care :( I've tried feeding him nearly everything suggested. I then put a female next to him, hoping if it was depression that it'd help. I'm at a loss. Suggestions would be appreciated. So far I've fed him frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, live bloodworms, pellets, pellets in garlic, and even some of our cultured fruit flies that we feed our dart frogs. He ate the fruit flies once and that was it.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #6 
Luimeril

he's stunning! i wish i could. ;A; but, i'm all full-up right now, and without money for shipping. AND, i'll be adopting a DT boy soon. i adore his colors, though. i agree with Here Fishy Fishy Fishy; what's his living conditions like?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #7 
Aluyasha

I have always wanted him ever since you posted the first picture of him. But I think my husband would be mad if I got another Betta.

Also, you never know when it comes to Bettas about recovering. When I first got Abacus, I thought he was going to die. He just drooped around and did not eat anything for weeks, though once he ate a little piece of pea. Then all the sudden he was better, and now he is perfectly fine.
I hope Helios makes it, it would be such a shame for a Betta that beautiful to pass away.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #8 
c4talys7

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think it would cost to ship him to Honolulu? I'm there for school right now and am currently cycling my first tank for my two boys. I would be willing to get him his own set up seperate from the cycled tank if I can afford it. He is such a beauty!
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #9 
c4talys7

It would just depend on the shipping price for me currently because everything cost so dang much to get sent to Hawaii. Something I will not miss when I get back to Oregon. But yeah you can PM me or something because I am interested.
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #10 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
He is now 4.5 months. He is in 6.5 PH, 2.5 then 10 gallon, he was at 78 degrees but I knocked it up to 80 to aid in any healing, and he is alone.

For those that question whether he'd make the trip, then I'll offer a DOA guarantee. You'll get your shipping cost back. He's inevitably going to pass in my care :( I've tried feeding him nearly everything suggested. I then put a female next to him, hoping if it was depression that it'd help. I'm at a loss. Suggestions would be appreciated. So far I've fed him frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, live bloodworms, pellets, pellets in garlic, and even some of our cultured fruit flies that we feed our dart frogs. He ate the fruit flies once and that was it.
Why is inevitable that he is going to pass in your care? I am just confused as to what someone else could do different/better.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote