Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #1 
baylee767

Talking Neon's in the 10g!

OMG!!!! I did 3 50% waterchanges to get rid of the ammonia and switch to the fish in cycling method and put Neon in. He's having the time of his life.

When I first put him in only the outtake was baffled and the poor boy got stuck in the intake for a second )= He didn't get injured, but it scared the poop out of him... literally 0.o I instantly rubber banded a piece off filter sponge to the intake (It looks super ugly, but at least it's safe.)

Then Neon had a great time. I looked and he poked his head out of a tunnel, swam under and around the plants, when into his cave and poked his head out of a tiny gap between it and a piece of Anarchis (It was SOOO cute!!) glass surfed a little bit )=> but hardly at all (=! He also keeps on biting these annoying little snails that came in via anarchis but not eating them >.> wow Neon... really?

For some reason he keeps going to the one spot in the tank with current, just under his filter all the current is forced down and it makes it super stronge. ? He hates current and can't see his reflection there... maybe he kind of likes it?

And the bright lighting makes him look like the most beautiful Betta I have ever seen. His fins appear more beautiful in shape because I can see them clearly, his colors are blinding, and his pupils reflect the light slightly (Like a dogs changes greenish-silverish in wierd lights... except the dogs one is MUCH brighter.)

All in all, Neon is very beautiful and happy. I'm glad i decided to put him in the tank in stead of the sorority now. To me the tank almost looks too small for him (= he can go from one end of the tank to the other in less than 5 seconds.... zippy Betta! Hooray for a happy Neon! (I'll post pics soon in the photos section!)
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #2 
baylee767

(Sorry it wouldn't let me edit)

eh.. his eye has a few microscopic iridescent/cloudy specks on it. Is it a problem that just came up, or just something he had that I never noticed because of the darkness...?

Last edited by baylee767; 01-22-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #3 
bettafish15

Pictures would be great :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #4 
baylee767

Sure i just started a picture thread (and look at my avatar!): http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....337#post567337
Old 01-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #5 
bettaloverforever16

He's so cute!!! (I saw your profile picture)
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote