Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #11 
Luimeril

i sit by my bettas tanks and watch them. they love it. even ill Hyde will get a burst of energy and swim around. Caroline likes it when i watch her. i'll wiggle my head back and forth, then she'll wiggle back at me.

Dante loves attention. he turned into a tail biter while in my room, which really sucked. since i moved him into the living room, no new bites, and his tail's growing back wonderfully!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #12 
DormDrax

He gets excited but I think it's REALLY just a "HEY! HEY! HEY PERSON! YOU HAVENT FED ME YET! LOOK! I'M RIGHT HERE! SEE! SEE! *Flare* FEED ME! PERSON!"
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #13 
BettasForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
Marbles is enthralled by his airstone...stares and the column of bubbles for minutes at a time. Also if you put him in a room that has a lot of movement, he will likely enjoy watching people move about. Marbles is next to my bed on my desk, so he sees me doing homework or relaxing on my bed and is always checking it out

Same! My betta loves his airstone. He enjoys nipping at the bubbles :D
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Haha it was very embarrassing the other day when I heard my mother baby-talking to something male (I thought it was the dog!) in the kitchen. She was full-on talking for a good five minutes until I went down to go see. Turns out she was talking to my kitchen betta who she demanded I have moved there. I cracked up, especially because she has never really been much of a fish person.

At least Njord was very much entertained by it all!
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #15 
HayrideHaunter

@Bettasforever: my airstone is built into a clear plastic tube, so he cant nip (and doesnt seem to want to really) but it sure is adorable, watching him stare
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #16 
bloo97

Lucky likes to flare at his reflection and watch me. Dragon likes crafting his bubblenest and flaring at anything that moves near it. :P

Last edited by bloo97; 01-24-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: S
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #17 
BettasForever

Smile

Quote:
@Bettasforever: my airstone is built into a clear plastic tube, so he cant nip (and doesnt seem to want to really) but it sure is adorable, watching him stare
Mines in a tube too, but when they reach the point where they leave the tube, he nips at them ;D
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #18 
HayrideHaunter

@Bettasforever: okay haha...he DID do something like that one time...he sort of pressed his little chin up against the side of the tube, looking straight up at where they came out...he looked like a little kid looking at something tall...then slowly nudged upwards until his nose was in the bubbles. One must have popped on his nose or something though because a few seconds later he swam away rather quickly, and hasnt done it again since! haha
Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #19 
BettasForever

Thumbs down

Quote:
@Bettasforever: okay haha...he DID do something like that one time...he sort of pressed his little chin up against the side of the tube, looking straight up at where they came out...he looked like a little kid looking at something tall...then slowly nudged upwards until his nose was in the bubbles. One must have popped on his nose or something though because a few seconds later he swam away rather quickly, and hasnt done it again since! haha
Haha! That CAN scare them. Thats why I hate seeing people at pet stores shaking and tapping the cup saying "Is this thing alive?!"

Well, it won't be after you torture it like that. -.-
Old 01-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #20 
HayrideHaunter

i knowww >.<...whenever I look at bettas, i DO occasionally pick the cup up...but always real slow and steady so I dont jostle the fish around too much <=)