Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

Unhappy Newish fish not moving, then spazes..

I just got Macceroni last Saturday. I really like him, but he's always been sorta strange. A few times Ive tried to get him to move (I seriously thought he died) and wouldnt. Then, he suddenly flips out and goes nuts, only to go still again. He is otherwise healthy and moves around a lootttt.
Tonight I thought he was really dead, and even managed to touch him, but he didnt stir much. Then flipped again. (I know he wasnt sleeping, his eyes were moving)
I dont know what to do! Im nervous about him :'c I have him bobbing in his cup atm in his tank.
What to doooo???

Housing
What size is your tank? TEMPORARY 1.5 gal
What temperature is your tank? 76-78 (its cold atm because its -7 out, I doubt its that..)
Does your tank have a filter? No, it never does anything.
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Bubble stone put in every other day for entertainment.
Is your tank heated? YES.
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? No one yet.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Pellets, TetraBetta
How often do you feed your betta fish? 3-4 times a day, one pellet, evenly spaced.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? 20%+ every two days, 100% every Sunday. More frequently now bc of tailbiting.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?20% or more.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Conditioner, some aq. salt for 4-5 days for tail damage.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: if anything, low
Nitrate: ^same
pH:
Hardness: Soft
Alkalinity: Medium (thats what the strip says)

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? For the better, more colorful/ is tailbiting and always been neurotic
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Sluggish, unmoving sometimes but skittish at other times.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Mostly tonight (worried me), has done it a few others.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No. Just put him in his cup to bob and put him in a dark spot.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? He's kind of neurotic and a little weird..
How old is your fish (approximately)? Young. He is still smallish, too.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #2 
Abby Hock

I will try every thing that i can to help
Abby Hock is offline   Reply With Quote