Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #1 
eclover09

Ta-dah! La Sorority! :D

Phew, was it a long freaking time coming lol. But after like, four weeks of keeping the girls in tubber wares on a heating pad -.- I was able to get everything I needed. I so did not expect it to take so long, but my books for school ended up being a lot more then I expected so I got prolonged a bit on buying my plants, but I got them yesterday and set my tank up and I put the girls in today :D I shall post my tank, then the girls.

My Tank:
I got plants from Heather, the low light package and some extra.
3x Large Java Fern
2x Hornwort
2x Wenditii "red"
3x Spiralis (was only supposed to get two, but Heather threw in a third : P)
1x Marimo Ball (I now understand why people say there so cute!)
1x Christmas moss

I got anubias last time for my twenty gallon and they have all died : / I think I took it too literal that they were a very easy plant lol So this time I tried everything possible to make sure these stay alive lol I got root tabs and I have flourish liquid fertilizer and CFL's, so, my plants better freaking live this time haha.

eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #2 
FuulieQ

Wow, lookin' sweet! :D And huge! Your girls are sure to be happy in there.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #3 
eclover09

The Girls:

-Arwen. I didn't realize she had swim bladder until I tried to put her in the tank, so I put her in a seperate container with epsom salt and floated it in the tank. It must have not been that big of a problem, because 20 mins later she was able to swim properly again, so I put her in the tank and just keeping an eye on her to see if the swim bladder problems comes back. Poor girl was super stressed, but now she seems better.

-Betty Boop. She has claimed the space behind the filter as her cave and is protecting it fiercely lol. She was Alpha at first I'm pretty sure, but now I think it's between her and Dot who are trying to rule the roost. She's been flaring mostly, but not really pecking. I'm surprised she was being all Alpha girl, because I thought she would be one of the calmer one's.

-Martini...her grumpy face lol. She tried to be Alpha but competing with Betty Boop, but she has lost so far haha. She has made best buddies with Marilyn though and seems to be hanging out with her, though she seems to like picking on Sweet Pea -.-

-Marilyn (Monroe). I thought she would be one of the feisty girls and pick on everyone, but surprisingly she was very calm and just decided to hang out with Martini and just follow her around haha.

-Dot. She is in competition I believe with Betty Boop for Alpha, she keeps chasing everyone and trying to peck and be all "I'm a hotshot" lol. She and Betty Boop havent squared off yet, but I'm sure soon they well.

-Sweet Pea. We nicknamed her Dora the Explorer, because she is not interested in anyone, just swimming around lol. Anyone who tries starting something with her, she just stares at them boredly and swims away like she has no time to waste on them.

-Poinsettia. She was like that one special person in movies about the end of the world that is freaking out in the background screaming "OMG! OMG! I'M GONNA DIE!" She absolutely freaked out when I put her in the tank, swimming up and down the glass sporadically and fleeing from anyone who got even a tiny bit close, but she calmed down after an hour or so but still doesn't really like being around the other girls.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #4 
peachesxo

Gorgeous tank!! but 7 of them in there?? Really? How many gallons is it I can't really tell from the picture that wood structure could be a normal size or huge, haha.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #5 
eclover09

Now some pictures of them in the ten gallon (yes, I am picspaming :D) My camera's not the best, so some of them are blurry.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #6 
anglnarnld

Lovely Camera!! Your girls are just beautiful! How many gallons is you tank?
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #7 
eclover09

It is a ten gallon, the driftwood looks big and well it is lol but it has big caverns in it for them to swim in it and they can swim in front and behind it and even above it as well.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #8 
Scrambles

Ye've got yerself sum real purdy girls there!
Scrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #9 
PewPewPew

Baww! Its looking great. I love how it looks.
What kind of fish/betta is Sweet Pea? She looks different o.O
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #10 
eclover09

Thank you :D Took me forever to find girls I really liked lol

And Sweet Pea was labeled as a crowntail, but she does look kinda different, right? Kinda looks like a wild betta female instead haha. She's much longer and thinner then the others girls and extremely passive.