Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 02:14 AM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

First Halfmoon!

I purchased this guy yesterday while I was picking up my eight 3 gallon tanks I had on order (he’s in one of them) . He’d been sitting on the shelf at the LFS for about a month with me thinking about him, until I found him late last week in the ‘damaged fin’ halfmoon section. It didn’t take much to persuade my mum to let me squeeze in another betta (she wants me to buy her a blue marble pair off Aquabid now!) and I set up a temporary tank for him on my bedside table.

(A shot of his temporary tank. The oak leaves finally sunk while I was at work, and the water is cloudy because of the gravel).

His name is Mars, and hopefully with some good food and good water, he’ll pick up in condition. He enjoyed his first live meal of mosquito larvae this morning, and since I was using my laptop as a lamp last night, I could see him sleeping in the corner nearest to my bed.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 AM   #2 
monroe0704

He's beautiful! Glad you could squeeze him in :)
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

After lugging buckets around for the last hour or so I may have been regretting my rapidly expanding collection .

I also recently discovered I can fit in four more bettas once I get my warehouse grade shelving sorted. My mum wants an Aquabid pair (trying to talk her into something similar to some of the gorgeous fish you have) so that's two out of the way, and then I'm going to pick up a beautiful iridescent blue halfmoon with damaged fins, and whatever else strikes me on the day, from the same LFS that Mars came from.

I hope maybe to start breeding in the next couple of years, if I can manage to get a better paying job and convince my mum to let me. I remember just last week when she drew the line about the number of bettas I owned after I smuggled in some poor little half-dead male.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Wow, look at all that finnage! Congrats on the lovely boy and the future bettas. ;)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #5 
FuulieQ

.... I'm jealous. >..> I wish I had enough time to take care of more than two tanks...
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #6 
weluvbettas

He is a twin of my Lemon! I think they was separeted at birth!!
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

Wow! I cant wait to get my first HM and i want one thats a Pure white color:)

Hes beautiful by the way!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote