Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 AM   #21 
tsoto80

Im not really into doves though.....I actually was gonna get finches before I got my bettas but I went with fish (it was an impulse buy). I dont mind the noise. I was listening to Finch songs and thats what sold me was their voice. I think it is so beautiful. Maybe if the neighbors hear my new birds singing they'll think it is from out doors lol There was some beautiful Finches I seen today on the internet that had bright colors but I think it said they are rare so that would mean they cost alot. I found them they are Lady Gouldian Finches

tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #22 
purplemuffin

yeah those finches will be around 75-100 or so... Still not as bad as a parrot, but for a finch.. Pricey!

It's all your choice really! :)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #23 
tsoto80

just thinking how Im really gonna have my hands full! Two kids, three fish tanks, school, cleaning, plus a bird what am I getting myself into lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #24 
purplemuffin

Honestly birds don't take TOO much time, especially compared to properly cared for fish.. Checking food and water every day takes about a minute, replace newspaper at bottom of the cage and just a quick cleaning every once in a while..

I personally find birds like this easy to care for.. We have a cockatiel which is a step up from finches, and she takes far less time than the bettas! Plus she will socialize with us while we take care of the fish and sit on my shoulder! :)

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, especially in the harder to care for advanced birds. And any animal requires proper education, but once you have the education and know what to do and are willing to do it.. They become less of a problem

The nice thing about finches is they do socialize with themselves and need less human interaction, but that also means that they aren't going to be quite as loving as a parrot would. More of a bird to watch, so sorta like most fish. You'll get some interaction but not so much.

And if you want to see how loud they are, go to a petstore that sells finches.. You'll see they are some of the quieter ones even though they talk the most

But of course if you fear you won't be able to properly take care of yourself or the bird.. Just wait til it's a better time! :)

Last edited by purplemuffin; 01-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote